a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keeping with tradition: Somebody tell us a joke

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
As long as they don't outrageously effect anyone region.
I remember going through 3 REI (Feb 86- Feb 88) with a bunch of either Catholics or prods and at least one of the other religion. Boy did that guy suffer, luckily he had a guy called Stevie Mullen who was ex-medics corps and ex-champion boxer to keep an eye on him.
Remind me tomorrow to recount a couple of stories about him.
OK, I have to say this. What if guy of any religion goes to Muslim country and marry Muslim girl convert her into his religion? Boy would that that guy suffer. And bad taste jokes would be at last of his worries. And we have ... how many Muslim guys like that here. Of course there is almost no Muslim girls coming here, marrying western guy and accepting his religion or at least western values.

And we are not even allowed to joke on that !?! Call me a bigot, racist, whatever, but those things are not right.
Of course I agree that we should accept everyone no matter of his religion, skin color or origin who accepts at least major values of country who welcome him and giving him life much better than his native country. I'm first who would welcome people like that.
But that isn't what we see It's completely opposite of that. And you are not even allowed to joke on them? You should accept someone's crazy, backward believes as holly because of what ?

Sorry guys, not going well for us. And "we" (most of us) are not one who making "us vs them" separation.

Yeah, and then we have jokes and bigotry on Slavs which are for some reasons perfectly fine and no one gets upset by them. :) So mocking one group of people is fine, but if you do with other than isn't. Only difference of those two groups are skin color and religion. And you are one called racist if don't accept those double standards. Are you kidding me? :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
OK, I have to say this. What if guy of any religion goes to Muslim country and marry Muslim girl convert her into his religion? Boy would that that guy suffer. And bad taste jokes would be at last of his worries. And we have ... how many Muslim guys like that here. Of course there is almost no Muslim girls coming here, marrying western guy and accepting his religion or at least western values.

And we are not even allowed to joke on that !?! Call me a bigot, racist, whatever, but those things are not right.
Of course I agree that we should accept everyone no matter of his religion, skin color or origin who accepts at least major values of country who welcome him and giving him life much better than his native country. I'm first who would welcome people like that.
But that isn't what we see It's completely opposite of that. And you are not even allowed to joke on them? You should accept someone's crazy, backward believes as holly because of what ?

Sorry guys, not going well for us. And "we" (most of us) are not one who making "us vs them" separation.

Yeah, and then we have jokes and bigotry on Slavs which are for some reasons perfectly fine and no one gets upset by them. :) So mocking one group of people is fine, but if you do with other than isn't. Only difference of those two groups are skin color and religion. And you are one called racist if don't accept those double standards. Are you kidding me? :)
At least you slavs have the balls to stand up to these liberal morons. ISLAM is the most intolerant Religion around.
When they are the minority they shout about human rights but when they are the majority there will be no human rights for us....

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Nobody thought Mel Gibson could play a Scot but look at him now! Alcoholic and a racist!

“The Scots invented hypnosis, chloroform and the hypodermic syringe. Wouldn’t it just be easier to talk to a woman?”

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Bags of Weed A Jamaican walks into a bank with a 25kg bag of marijuana and hands it over to the cashier... Shocked, the cashier asks..'What's this for?' The Rastafarian replies..'Me here to open a joint account'

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

I didn't get the punch line

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
At least you slavs have the balls to stand up to these liberal morons. ISLAM is the most intolerant Religion around.
When they are the minority they shout about human rights but when they are the majority there will be no human rights for us....
The idea is ti make people smile, chuckle or even laugh.

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Nobody thought Mel Gibson could play a Scot but look at him now! Alcoholic and a racist!

“The Scots invented hypnosis, chloroform and the hypodermic syringe. Wouldn’t it just be easier to talk to a woman?”

Not many people (outside of Britain) know this but the Scots invented copper wire. Legend has it that two Scot lads fought over a penny.

Then there were two Scots who bet a pound on who could stay under water the longest. They’ both drowned.

In Scotland we have mixed feelings about Global Warming. Sure it's bad but on the other hand, we all get to sit on the mountains and watch the English drown

On a sadder note, McDougall’s dead. He fell into a vat of whisky.’
‘What a shame. Was it a quick death?’
‘I don’t think so. He came out twice to go to the bathroom!
What a way to go

:D

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
How is life like toilet paper?
You’re either on a roll or taking shit from someone.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Yeah, it is little bit awkward calling them marines when they have nothing with marine warfare. (apart from going to war "overseas").
Do they (USMC) have mother ship (or how do they call it)? As I understand they probably won't go sail with sheep to Iraq.
Or do they?
Is it swimming mandatory for US marines?