a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Krav Maga Update

sombrerox

Reaction score
Home Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Well, this could be a new career move for you, no?

Many years ago a friend of mine came back from holiday and told me a funny story. He said that there was this guy dressed in a gillie suit with fresh twigs and face paint and all. He would hang out where all the tourists were, lying in wait to scare them. Apparently they liked it and gave him tips. He was on the local news and everything; said he made over $100K per year...

You could take the TGV out of Marseille and head to the Champs de Mars in Paris. That's the park that the Eiffle Tower lives in. I think that would be one of the most touristic parks I can think of... ohhh, maybe be a mime! That would be very 'French' of you... People love a silent clown with balloons. Gives you a chance to learn the language(s)...

'Excuse moi, je chache (pronounced 'shaw-shh') le ecole (E-coal) de mime (me-m).' Excuse me, I'm looking for the school of mimes... Hahaha... (You thought my spelling, grammar and punctuation was bad in English...)

You would get to watch all the pretty girls, learn all the languages of the world and eat like a king... Might even see FFL rover watches wonder through the park as they carry out operation 'Sentinelle.' You could tie them all a big flower out of balloons; like a six balloon flower. Then you could buy them a 'beire' because after all, you are still making way more money than they are. HA hahaha....

Find your self a nice Frenchie and do your little mime act together right there in the park. Retirement in Monaco, on a yacht, in 10 years... Two years of marriage to a Frenchie gets you citizenship. Must know French though, I think there is a language test... Third most spoken language in the world. Totally worth knowing, in and out. They say 2-3k words will get you by, 20-25k words is considered 'fluent'...

HAHAHA... all good fun.

This could actually be a blessing. Make you wrap your head around some everyday French to be first in selection. Find a Youth Hostel and trade cleaning that B (corvee- chores) for food and a bunk... or, yeah, there is 'WOOFing'... labor work at a vineyard... Cleaning fishing boats... but definitely 'go gray', blend. Don't attract too much negative attention to yourself. They might not care what your excuse is...

Good luck bud!

You have life figured out right there.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
And where is buddy right now? Read it again, for the first time... SLAG!

Yeah, I do find myself more relaxed when I leave this country though; I'll give you that. Chicago is crazy town (deadliest)... LA, you can have it! NY takes hours to get into and out of. The cops are totally militarized and we do live in a police state. 'Shoot first, ask questions later'... Going to get worse; all the more reason to ditch while you can...

I wrote that little piece to be funny and encouraging...

Oh dear.....

Finleythefox

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hey bud your the American I met with the flag on the side of your neck in aubagne. I told you I was American and wished you good luck. You were in the ordinarie

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hey bud your the American I met with the flag on the side of your neck in aubagne. I told you I was American and wished you good luck. You were in the ordinarie

Finleythefox, old buddy we want to know how the promo is going, or if you are already badged. You mentioned a little about rumors that the Promo was worse than the farm at Castel. Sitrep is required.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Yeah literally in the bushes, some guy woke me up a few nights ago and kicked the bag I was using as a pillow. he just walked away after I woke up. Ive seen cops ride scooters through the park but so far nobody has asked me to leave yet. I managed to make it to level six, but I did the first few levels faster than I should of. so I slowed down a bit to conserve more energy to make it farther. but instead I missed the beep. so I ran 3 miles two days a go and ran 42, 30 meter sprints along with some pull ups on a soccer goal. yesterday I did the same but ran a faster mile instead of a medium paced 3 miles.

Oooh man, lvl 6 !!! How many times we wrote on this forum that lvl 7 is some minimum. Why you didn't try at home? I'm really feel bad because you didn't maked because you seem like cool, OK guy (I told you that already).

Man lvl 6 is not krav maga on display its more Steven Seagal bullshido :) So train now and do it right next time.

No need for much of sprinting. In Luc Luger you do close to full sprints only after lvl 13 and you don't aim that high. That 3 mils medium speed run that you do should be very helpful. Also try Luc Luger every 2-3 day in order to develop feeling for it and better think.

So, friend. Be strong, don't give up and next time KRAV MAGA THOSE BITCHES UP BRO, this time for real ! :cool:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
For some reason I can't post on "New Mod :Joseph Cosgrove!" thread so I will do here.

Joe, mate nice to have you as moderator. You already did moderators job, so now it's just become official and you got some new super powers. ;) You are definitely right man for that.

This forum have no better for the position. So what to say... congratulations !!!

P.s. Man, it's so strange to me see your name in red. I got used to the green Joe. :)

jszy92

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Question about the Luc-Léger: I made it to level 8 on a practice run today. Do they stop you after level 7 or do they let you keep going until you miss the line?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Question about the Luc-Léger: I made it to level 8 on a practice run today. Do they stop you after level 7 or do they let you keep going until you miss the line?
They don't stop you. Maybe if you are the ‘last man standing’ in your group and there is no point of continuing.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
They don't stop you. Maybe if you are the ‘last man standing’ in your group and there is no point of continuing.
Also it is worth remembering that the 1 RE have its own cross county team. Admittedly it is not the same as short sprints but they are always on the look out for new members. Your results will follow you to Castel where they will be keeping a watch for 'racing snakes'. A few of the older hands may still remember a Brit called Steve Tunstall. He was a phenomena in the REP, won everything. He was sent up to Paris to train with the French regulars. He'd come down for Camerone and Christmas.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia

I'm pretty sore that they stop you sometimes when you do more than 15 push-ups. But that's depend on who testing you.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Push Ups or pull ups dusa

Aaaah :). Pull ups of course. Both words are similar to me (push-pull-push-pull) ! And if you combine them in right circumstances you can get something nice from it. ;)

Auroris56

Pro Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United States

Yeah I think I was getting water, and you where chilling with the rouge personnel. It was nice to see another american.

Auroris56

Pro Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hey bro, Download the app Test_de_Léger and practice away :D. Good luck. So how is Hotsauced, is he still in the process?

Thanks. I havent seen hotsauced in a few days.

Auroris56

Pro Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Well Im a little excited right now. I just watched some bum getting jumped in the plaza, I felt compelled to help so i pulled the guys off of him and about got my ass kicked in the process. That was a rush!!!:cool::cool::eek::p

176607Mick

Unregistered
Well Im a little excited right now. I just watched some bum getting jumped in the plaza, I felt compelled to help so i pulled the guys off of him and about got my ass kicked in the process. That was a rush!!!:cool::cool::eek::p

It's a shitty place mate. Keep away from those areas man.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Well Im a little excited right now. I just watched some bum getting jumped in the plaza, I felt compelled to help so i pulled the guys off of him and about got my ass kicked in the process. That was a rush!!!:cool

Its OK mate. It ended well for everyone (hope so). If you used your Krav Maga skills there would be dead bodys and dead body parts all over the park :)

Just kidding. What exactly happened?

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Its OK mate. It ended well for everyone (hope so). If you used your Krav Maga skills there would be dead bodys and dead body parts all over the park :)

Just kidding. What exactly happened?

They were wearing really :cool: Oakleys

Auroris56

Pro Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Ive walked around town numerous times and after a while you start to see the same faces over and over again. Well theres a homless guy I usually see a couple times a day. And I had just bought some crackers to use in order to choke down some canard, when I heard a rouckus. I looked over to see like 4 guys jumping the same homeless person. So I decided to help, I pulled one of the guys off which turned their attention toward me then they started yelling at me god only knows what and the guy i helped got away. Oddly enough the person that I tried to help was mad that I kept them from beating the shit out of him. It didnt seem like anyone spectacting really cared. And where just going to stand there and Watch untill somebody died. All in all it was fun.

And I do think some of the guys had sunglasses just dont know if they where oakleys.:cool::cool::cool:

Auroris56

Pro Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Can anyone tell me what canard is? It helps a lot pre and post workouts, but I have a feeling its Something sinister like duck organs.:confused: