Laws in France

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Ratings
316 5 7
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Is there any specific law in France which would sound weird to other nations?

Is it something there what could unintentionally put you in trouble because of ignorance?

Ratings
905 9 8
Home Country
North Korea
an Edit in 1554 by Henri 2, allows glanage/glaneurs (some famous tableaux of glaneurs)basicly,you have the right to collect what the Farmer missed (still valid to this day

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
807 3 3
Home Country
New Zealand
Don't know if they're talking out their arse or not but I did a quick google and found this.
https://www.thelocal.fr/20161027/the-strangest-rules-from-frances-law-book
It could well be true, I came across this years ago, it's in French but a google translation will help. http://www.topito.com/top-lois-insolites-en-vigueur-france

You'll find a couple of them on your list. Kissing on the train platform, flying saucers not being allowed to land at Chateauneuf du papes (where they produce excellent wine).

Saying that I also came across some strange laws still valid in English law which date from medieval times.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Ratings
316 5 7
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Damn, what I'm going to do with all that snails I planned to travel with. :)

I can understand origins of most this laws, but how the F someone decided to ban landing of flying saucers.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
807 3 3
Home Country
New Zealand
I don't know why they went to all the trouble of banning UFOs from landing in C du P, everyone knows that they land or attack the USA. Has anyone seen a movie where the Americans have to defend against a mother ship and thousands of smaller craft attacking Washington? Of course you have. Can anyone say the same about C du P? In Mars attacks, are the little green men attacking vineyards in France? Was ET riding a "vélo" or a bicycle.

I rest my case.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Ratings
316 5 7
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Reports UFO encounters starter only after popular SCI-FI movies and tv shows. Vast majority (over 90 %) is in USA. Aliens really like that country

I remember as a kid watched some comedy French series about some army NCO (don't know what rang he was). He encounters aliens and UFO is leading somewhere in France in one episode. Maybe that initiated law. :)

Anyone know name of a show? It was quite popular.

Most viewed threads of the week