a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laws in France

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Is there any specific law in France which would sound weird to other nations?

Is it something there what could unintentionally put you in trouble because of ignorance?

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
an Edit in 1554 by Henri 2, allows glanage/glaneurs (some famous tableaux of glaneurs)basicly,you have the right to collect what the Farmer missed (still valid to this day

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Don't know if they're talking out their arse or not but I did a quick google and found this.
https://www.thelocal.fr/20161027/the-strangest-rules-from-frances-law-book

It could well be true, I came across this years ago, it's in French but a google translation will help. http://www.topito.com/top-lois-insolites-en-vigueur-france

You'll find a couple of them on your list. Kissing on the train platform, flying saucers not being allowed to land at Chateauneuf du papes (where they produce excellent wine).

Saying that I also came across some strange laws still valid in English law which date from medieval times.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Damn, what I'm going to do with all that snails I planned to travel with. :)

I can understand origins of most this laws, but how the F someone decided to ban landing of flying saucers.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
because if not, people would be parking their flying saucers anywhere...its called "prévoyance "

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I don't know why they went to all the trouble of banning UFOs from landing in C du P, everyone knows that they land or attack the USA. Has anyone seen a movie where the Americans have to defend against a mother ship and thousands of smaller craft attacking Washington? Of course you have. Can anyone say the same about C du P? In Mars attacks, are the little green men attacking vineyards in France? Was ET riding a "vélo" or a bicycle.

I rest my case.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Reports UFO encounters starter only after popular SCI-FI movies and tv shows. Vast majority (over 90 %) is in USA. Aliens really like that country

I remember as a kid watched some comedy French series about some army NCO (don't know what rang he was). He encounters aliens and UFO is leading somewhere in France in one episode. Maybe that initiated law. :)

Anyone know name of a show? It was quite popular.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Do give way, in your car to pedestrian at a pedestrian crossng / passage clouté. ..
Now, is sanctioned by 6 points detucted from the driving licence (previously 3)
Recent poll : who are the worse européenne drivers
1.Italiens (always on the phone to mama)
2, Spainards (snorts coke and plays his thingy whilst driving and never gives way)
3 . French (never uses thé indicators)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Do give way, in your car to pedestrian at a pedestrian crossng / passage clouté. ..
2, Spainards (snorts coke and plays his thingy whilst driving and never gives way)
Whats its number of points after your licence get suspended in France?
Do they delete old pts after some time? (2 y here)

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
After 3 years without infractions. ..12 points initial
There are courses you can take, paying, in order to recuperate lost points
Speed limit on national roads (not hi way)...is now reduced to 80 km, previously 90
After one month of the new rule. ..the government cashed in over a million euros ...just saying

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I'm looking into France traffic code, man there is a lot of 3 years suspensions. That is long time.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
80 euros the code. ..can be done before taking lessons
Code must be passed when changing catégories

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Germans don't stop at pedestrian crossings they just keep Driving... Also they think the bigger car has priority...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Germans don't stop at pedestrian crossings they just keep Driving... Also they think the bigger car has priority...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You didn't walked on crosswalks in Serbia. :) It would be wise to choose those with traffic lights. When people from here go to Germany they are surprised how anyone stopping to let pedestrian and you now telling me that Germans are really not good in that. Imagine how is than situation here.

Plus nobody here gives a rats ass for cyclist. Riding bike through Belgrade its real hazard. Small number of people do it. There is weird mentality that one is not worth enough if he is on bike or in public transport. That would be really devastating if we know that Belgarde have 2 millions and doesn't have metro.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
You didn't walked on crosswalks in Serbia. :) It would be wise to choose those with traffic lights. When people from here go to Germany they are surprised how anyone stopping to let pedestrian and you now telling me that Germans are really not good in that. Imagine how is than situation here.

Plus nobody here gives a rats ass for cyclist. Riding bike through Belgrade its real hazard. Small number of people do it. There is weird mentality that one is not worth enough if he is on bike or in public transport. That would be really devastating if we know that Belgarde have 2 millions and doesn't have metro.
Come here & see for yourself. Of course anywhere is better than where you live:rolleyes:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Come here & see for yourself. Of course anywhere is better than where you live:rolleyes:
Where I currently leave you don't need craswalks. ;) I'm not saying that everywhere is better, but in big majority of European countries it is. Anyone having someone in police can do whatever he won't in trafficked until he kill someone. There is big culture of drunk driving here. Many people are convinced that they drive better when they have couple of drinks.