a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LDLD has hit the ground running

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
LDLD You are confusing us with your answers. (at least me). First you said that you heard well, but they didn't accept you because of herring. Then, kick you out because they thought you are Jew (Which you are not). Now is because of tinnitus ...

I'm not trying to put you down, in fact I respect that you want there and tried, but questions coming to my mind... Do you even know why you were not accepted? Or maybe there is something you don't want to tell us?
Was your ear ringing so bad that interfered with your hearing?

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Armenia
LDLD You are confusing us with your answers. (at least me). First you said that you heard well, but they didn't accept you because of herring. Then, kick you out because they thought you are Jew (Which you are not). Now is because of tinnitus ...

I'm not trying to put you down, in fact I respect that you want there and tried, but questions coming to my mind... Do you even know why you were not accepted? Or maybe there is something you don't want to tell us?
Was your ear ringing so bad that interfered with your hearing?
the fact that I got a definitive for a hearing test and not the temporary got my mind thinking paranoidly and can explain my cunfusing thoughts, because the test was in bad conditions there was lots of background noise the room wasn't sound proof and lots of nois was heard during the test , there for its only reasonable to let you go do the test in a more accurate place. the ringings were a factor too for sure but it's only at the same night after the test in aubange when I went to sleep I could notice ringings in my both ears but in the morning there was no way I could see the colonal and explained it to him as he was not in the base, it's my fault of course to not past the test as I should of take care my ears before I came to Aubange I just didn't know that my ears were that bad as I was hearing normaly, with occasional ringings which I was sure are not a big deal. today's test was in good condition in a very quite room and without ringings in my ears and there is still a mild problem in my right ear in the hight frequency , probably the results in aubagne where very bad if they gave me the definitive. just hope I can fix this somehow.

Sarajevo1992

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Netherlands
OK I need a big favor right now from legioners here I have the results of my test I have a good hearing in my left ear the right ear as a medium descent on the hight frequency 6-8 hz can someone show this results to a army doctor that deals with hearing just to know if it's acceptable to join the legion or not and if its acceptable I will purchase a plane ticket to paris to check it at a military base and after that send a letter to the general is someone keen to help me?
since you got rejected it is not enough for the legion, maybe it is in an other army but if the legion can choose between one with perfect hearing and you they say au revoir to you

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Armenia
my doctor gave me more "prednisone" for two weeks he told me I have 50 precent chance fixing my right ear, he's saying it's probably a nerve impact, and because I don't really knows when my right ear started ringing the chances are lowered by time if it really started in aubange or really right before going there I still have a chance ,so after the two weeks I will have another hearing test but this time it's called "tympanometry"
and also I have an MRI test in May 31 the earliest I managed to fix. we'll seešŸ™

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
I live with ringing ears, there is nothing to do for it and I also have high frequency hearing loss. A career in the military will almost certainly guarantee this. buy a fan to increase white noise to sleep

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Armenia
it's not from the military for me im sure it's from swimming I just never thought it's serious but no worries I'll take care it we are in 2021 every thing is possible

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Well if you do get it sorted out, I published letters to COMLE on my Youtube channel, with the actual letters to download on google classrooms. There is one which covers medical.

There is another where someone asks to go civvy in Aubagne.
And a third which covers someone who who asks to go civvy after instruction.

Thought I might profit by putting in a bit of publicity ;)

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Armenia
Well if you do get it sorted out, I published letters to COMLE on my Youtube channel, with the actual letters to download on google classrooms. There is one which covers medical.

There is another where someone asks to go civvy in Aubagne.
And a third which covers someone who who asks to go civvy after instruction.

Thought I might profit by putting in a bit of publicity ;)
what's the name of the video? I'll put a thumbs up

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
So many former service men an women suffer from 'Tinnitus' a permanent or intermittent ringing in the ear. Reason being that the military was rather slow in bringing in adequate 'Ear Defenders'.

Heavy weapons and mortar troops suffered greatly as did the normal service man or woman issued with basic infantry weapons.

All my former colleagues suffer. Those that are alive.šŸ˜‚

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Armenia
This also applies to a letter to the general ?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi LDLD, there may some confusion here. Letters to COMLE is the name of the video which you will find on YouTube. I haven't got the address for the google classrooms in front of me, however you should find it either in the commentary or on the video.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi LDLD
letters.png

without meaning to insult you, You must first hold down the shift key and then click on the link.
It worked for me using a different account, If someone else could check it out it would be appreciated. A Nepali perhaps?

jwaltos

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
..sometimes I can't breathe through my nose thinking that isn't big deal...

If you said you learned how breath out of your ears because you were a ladies man that might have scored you a few points..

Sorry about your result LDLD. When I was active in the Legion I was a pretty good shot with pretty much anything I could point and aim with..LRAC, a machine gun I forget the name of, anti-personnel mortars off the Famas...etc.. Unfortunately, I was asked to demonstrate these weapons many times with only cigarette butts in my ears for hearing protection and have had tinnitus since that time. Your sense of hearing is important because many times you'll hear something before you see it so you need to act fast sometimes.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Armenia
If you said you learned how breath out of your ears because you were a ladies man that might have scored you a few points..

Sorry about your result LDLD. When I was active in the Legion I was a pretty good shot with pretty much anything I could point and aim with..LRAC, a machine gun I forget the name of, anti-personnel mortars off the Famas...etc.. Unfortunately, I was asked to demonstrate these weapons many times with only cigarette butts in my ears for hearing protection and have had tinnitus since that time. Your sense of hearing is important because many times you'll hear something before you see it so you need to act fast sometimes.
thank you for the kind words and I'm sorry to hear we have the same problem.hope it's not too bad. I guess I still got a little hope because it's new and it didn't happened to me as a result of firearms. it's so annoying because if I was more knowledgeable I would of take the time to check it and trying fixin it before going all the way to Aubange with a very expensive flight tickets for one way each
but at least if I go back I have the experience of joining and it will be just easier for me to try again hope I get to that sooon

Most viewed threads of the week