Le Bayou: Crawdad's home for derailed threads

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Croatia
Akira Kurosawa, amazing movies - most of them are classics ,Rashomon is my favourite.

Rapace

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
France
Dirty laundry mustn't be washed in public. Enough said...

Rapace

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
France
I'm not talking about your medals, I'm saying that private discussions must remain private. You're being an annoyance... End of story.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Going to pump up later.. Been walking around like John wayne for a couple of days.. Legs hurt. Good deep squats. High rep. Amazing what a little change can do.
Got to keep a tight butt as you get older. When your legs go you're finished as an athlete.. Or so they say

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Going to pump up later.. Been walking around like John wayne for a couple of days.. Legs hurt. Good deep squats. High rep. Amazing what a little change can do.
Got to keep a tight butt as you get older. When your legs go you're finished as an athlete.. Or so they say
My knees have gone. Possibly with load carries and yomping. However I do not look my age and can still pull a Granny on a 'Grab a Granny night' as long as 'she who must be obeyed at all times' is not present or watching.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
My knees have gone. Possibly with load carries and yomping. However I do not look my age and can still pull a Granny on a 'Grab a Granny night' as long as 'she who must be obeyed at all times' is not present or watching
Chas, you old dog :) done a few under cover moves myself over the years...:ROFLMAO:

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Have you ever seen an uglier building than this:

IMG_20200128_145926.jpg

Please remember that this is in Thailand who are notorious for lacking in the 'the finishing'. Those windows will have to be cut to shape. Believe me when I tell you if one of them gets broken, there will be a piece of wood to replace it,

IMG_20200128_150105.jpg

You can see the front part of the building, I'm not sure what it's going to be, however, I can tell you that the spaces are going to be filled with glass.
This not far from me so, it's slightly off street 51, remember I posted a couple of fotos where the Thais (bless 'em) are comparing it to area 51 USA? Perhaps the shapes on top are some kind of antennas?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Have you ever seen an uglier building than this:

View attachment 5878

Please remember that this is in Thailand who are notorious for lacking in the 'the finishing'. Those windows will have to be cut to shape. Believe me when I tell you if one of them gets broken, there will be a piece of wood to replace it,

View attachment 5877

You can see the front part of the building, I'm not sure what it's going to be, however, I can tell you that the spaces are going to be filled with glass.
what i am amazed at in some places like yours is looking at the Telephone lines, seen some crazy masses of cables. looking at this as an ex Lineman :)

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Oh & i am a recognised Fernmeldemechaniker .. the old name for it. was given the papers from IHK Lüneburg. translated my Army papers and was given a Gleichstellung.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
what i am amazed at in some places like yours is looking at the Telephone lines, seen some crazy masses of cables. looking at this as an ex Lineman :)
Telephone lines? they are electricity or internet lines. Bill Gates went to Bangkok and was taking photos of the lines (obviously he did not go there for that pacific reason) The thai authorities asked him not to publish them, which he agreed not to:

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Telephone lines? they are electricity or internet lines. Bill Gates went to Bangkok and was taking photos of the lines (obviously he did not go there for that pacific reason) The thai authorities asked him not to publish them, which he agreed not to:
I can´t watch it... but it´s crazy. Do you remember the days of parted lines? you could listen into your next door neighbours telephone coversations. we used to get a pick up point and lay line for field phones from the German telekom. we abused it and phoned the UK. had the kit to plug into any line.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
crazy
yeah you´re right joe a mixture of cables. Mostly comms cables though.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Line laying Detachment .. we still used pole crossings years later. :) other cables but the principles were the same.

if you notice the "Line belts" they are wearing are light brown. They come like this but we made them black or "ox Blood" senior Line Sgt wore. The Tools were the same with a small webbing snips carry attachment. I still have a belt. will make a picture tomorrow.

Last edited: