a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Derailed threads. Le Bayou: Crawdad's home for them

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
No, but just sodimise most of my goat heard...IS RELAX
Why do you ask, btw?
Is it the contious bleating that bugs you?
This is Europe and WE have our ways
Especially in the Balkans..et alors?
C'est comme ça !

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I strongly believe that PTSD is BS disease. Except in the rare cases which probably had mental problems before the war, but didn't knew about them, or war just kick started them.
That is the same way Gen. Patton believed those that were suffering from shell shock were like. He was relived from his command, after slapping a shell shocked patient in a hospital (only in front of a bunch of journalists o_O) for a while and replaced by Gen Bradley.
Guess which one had a tank named after him?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Ya ever been raped, blown up, participated in a firefight, had a car accident or severely beaten as a child?
I was severely beaten and raped as child while having accident in car on fire. Couple times. :) Why do you ask. Did you?

OK, I did have been in few "traumatic" events during my lifetime. Nothing too severe, but any of them probably enough for western doc to diagnose me with PTSD if I get to emotional and open in front of him. Which is as I said BS. I'm not any crazier after those events than I was before them.
Yes I'm getting your point. Maybe sentence you quoted doesn't represent best my opinion on PTSD. (You can read my earlier posts). I do believe that exist all i'm saying that it's heavily overdiagnosed especaly in US-UK.

Of course if you get raped as kid that would stay with you whole live. Scar you for life if you wish. But, scars heal with time and people have to learn how to leave whit them. Man, live is usually hard on its own so what shit like that happens became harder, but nothing healthy strong minded person can't deal with. Nothing to disable your normal functioning and social relationship for ever. Some people handle it better than others. Those who can't function normally years after event probably already had some disorders that they didn't knew about. Or its simply just easier to self-medicate with alcohol or pills (maybe combo :)) and blame all your lack of discipline, self control and fact that those things feel good and also are addictive, on PTSD.

And then we have those fake or enforced PTSDs (BS as I call them) and other similar disorders. (They make new ones every year.) By "enforced" I think of those cases which are imposed by "woke" society, crazy psychiatrists and farmaco mafia. If you are interested am willing to go deeper into subject on how let say US marines get misdiagnosed with PTSD. Many of them never saw day of fight are being in real danger.

This is interesting point of view on subject: (not agreeing with everything he said, but he have some interesting points)

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
That is the same way Gen. Patton believed those that were suffering from shell shock were like. He was relived from his command, after slapping a shell shocked patient in a hospital (only in front of a bunch of journalists o_O) for a while and replaced by Gen Bradley.
From what I heard about this even is more likely that slapped soldier was just scared and don't want to fight. PTSD usually hits later. When danger pass. And some people simply aren't for combat. We shouldn't force those men in combat. They would do more dmg than benefit..
Guess which one had a tank named after him?
Both of them actually. :) OK Bradley have smaller tube on his vehicle. :)

V 2.0

Reaction score
Home Country
Hungary
No, but just sodimise most of my goat heard...IS RELAX
Why do you ask, btw?
Is it the contious bleating that bugs you?
This is Europe and WE have our ways
Especially in the Balkans..et alors?
C'est comme ça !
I'm starting to worry. Not about you, but the goats...

I wasn't saying anything about any beating. I was just trying to point out that sh$t's cool 'til it ain't cool. Anyone who hasn't been in combat saying sh$t about combat is about as impressive as climbing the highest mountain in the Netherlands, or being a musical genius at deaf school because you're only deaf on one ear.

Last edited by a moderator:

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Try a Senagaleese and remember this, the first prick is the one that hurts
Vas con Dios

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Remember a tattooist telling me this can scar when done by Hand.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
I'm starting to worry. Not about you, but the goats...

I wasn't saying anything about any beating. I was just trying to point out that shit's cool 'til it ain't cool. Anyone who hasn't been in combat saying shit about combat is about as impressive as climbing the highest mountain in the Netherlands, or being a musical genius at deaf school because you're only deaf on one ear.

Vegan?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I wasn't saying anything about any beating. I was just trying to point out that sh$t's cool 'til it ain't cool. Anyone who hasn't been in combat saying sh$t about combat is about as impressive as climbing the highest mountain in the Netherlands, or being a musical genius at deaf school because you're only deaf on one ear.
You see, opinions of those who were in war are split on that subject. I never gave my opinion because I was never in combat. In my town there is many refugees from Croatia and Bosnia. None of them see war as something even remotely fun. But their experience is very different from experience of professional soldiers voluntarily going overseas and get pay for that.
I'm only giving my opinion on PTSD. You don't have to go in wars to do that. How many doctors curing PTSD were been in combat?

or severely beaten as a child?
I wasn't saying anything about any beating.
Hmmm?

No! I'd rather be eaten than fked by you! The goats might think the same!
How do you know that? Were you ever been fked by Le petet? Maybe that poor goat think "Beee ... Leeeee peeetit If you gonna slaughter me and eat me could you at least first F-me real good." :):D:)

Last edited: