a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Derailed threads. Le Bayou: Crawdad's home for them

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
DHM writes:

"Using alcohol to prop up and mask unprocessed active services memories. Will come back and haunt you in later life. If you don't get alcohol free time to process your new flash backs memories, it will manifest in later life as recurring echos. Especially in your autumn years, where your not so able to shrug it of."

You, sir, are of the impression that I regret anything I've done.

I do not. You cold warriors fought against an enemy who simply had conflicting ideas. Those of us who fought the War on Terror faced an enemy who had different morals. There is a difference.

Our enemy is not just wrong, he's evil. Best just to kill the b@stard. Waste those motherf@ckers, eh?
I'd kill every Fecking one, you have to have been in Iraq for a few tours or Afghanistan, this was and is not the Gulf War. Pure Wild west and trust absolutely NO Iraqi or Afghan or else end up on YouTube. Before old Brother Barrack, ROE was different tat no go F. got many killed.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
L' Afrique is a dangerous place to be, unless if you are in the army (Legion)
Damned right and not as a Contractor, you do not have the logistics, engineers, artillery, and the support that will not end up like Benghazi. If it were not for those guys fighting those 13 hours everyone would have been killed, thanking you Hillary.

They were contractors former Rangers, Marine Recon, Green Berets, Seals (ork ork ork, I had to), and other guys like that that understood discipline, fields of fire, controlled fire and tactics.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

French soldiers detained in Equatorial Guinea - reports​

The authorities in Equatorial Guinea have detained six French soldiers who were travelling in a helicopter that had stopped to refuel in the port city of Bata, the AFP news agency reports.
The detention came on the same day that the top appeals court in France upheld the conviction of Equatorial Guinea's Vice-President Teodorin Obiang for using public money to fund his lavish lifestyle.
The helicopter was on its way from Cameroon to Gabon and was making a routine stop, according to a source quoted by AFP.
But Equatorial State radio has reported that the helicopter landed without authorisation.
"National authorities do not rule out that this incident could be a spy operation and provocation on the part of Paris," TVGE reported according to AFP.
A French army spokesman has denied this, and added there had been similar incidents in the past.