Leaving soon

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Not that I know of.
It would be nice if those who have come on here seeking advice or encouragement can at least let us know how they get on.
Yes the forum has gone down hill a little recently , too many irrelevant posts , we need more dits from Greens , those who have tried but not made it and those about to give it a go , it would also be interesting to hear about current issue kit and current training subjects and techniques..

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Scotland
Yes the forum has gone down hill a little recently , too many irrelevant posts , we need more dits from Greens , those who have tried but not made it and those about to give it a go , it would also be interesting to hear about current issue kit and current training subjects and techniques..
dits?!

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
got to admit i like the funny AWOL stories. such a Hoot going through the old posts from the Greens :)

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Scotland
Army/Navy slang - a story – usually an exaggerated but interesting and amusing story.
It's Matelot slang. And you aren't Matelot, you haven't even served mate. You call them stories. I call them bullsh*tting cause I'm army. Or I call them 'current affairs over tea and crumpets' cause I'm also RAF :D

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Armenia
In this video you can see this guy from ghana got the intape definite can someone explaine why he got that its suprises me because he was speaking the language and was very fit

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
He is from Gabon. So it's only normal that he speaks French. The video says that he himself does not understand why he has got inapt def.
It can be for a number of reasons, criminal, medial, who knows.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
He is from Gabon. So it's only normal that he speaks French. The video says that he himself does not understand why he has got inapt def.
Maybe his face never fitted with the instructors.. Attitüde problem . As you wrote could have been any number of Things.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Armenia
So they never explain why thats harsh people prepere more then a year for the selection and leave everything behind to come give they life for france I think the least they can do is to explaine. because this could be devistating for some

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Maybe his face never fitted with the instructors.. Attitüde problem . As you wrote could have been any number of Things.
It's not quite the same thing with out Jock friend Sean. He admits that he's thought about it [Joining] for a long time. He should have been prepared physically. He assures the cadre that he will run twice a day in order to get up to scratch. In the short time that he would have spent in FdeN I can't see it. However he would be given Inapt temporiare which means that he can try again in 3 or 6 months.
However considering his age, and taking into account that he had already tried once before... :unsure:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
So they never explain why thats harsh people prepere more then a year for the selection and leave everything behind to come give they life for france I think the least they can do is to explaine. because this could be devistating for some
He will know why. It's just that on the document, for legal reasons they will not give a reason. That way there can be no repercussions later on. Being from Gabon, he may be HIV positive or some other disease. He may quite simply have failed dismally the IQ test (Nb - nothing to do with coming from Africa), or he may have been gobbing it off to the corporals. The reporters would not be allowed to show the motive for his refusal.
For whatever reason, they will not put it on paper, instead it has written that his profile does not correspond [what they are seeking] for the legion. The documentary does add that anyone with minor physical problems, or dental problems for that matter, can re-present themselves.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
It's not quite the same thing with out Jock friend Sean. He admits that he's thought about it [Joining] for a long time. He should have been prepared physically. He assures the cadre that he will run twice a day in order to get up to scratch. In the short time that he would have spent in FdeN I can't see it. However he would be given Inapt temporiare which means that he can try again in 3 or 6 months.
However considering his age, and taking into account that he had already tried once before... :unsure:
Yes.. He was no way fit enough.. I think people need to remember these Tests are just basic Tests it will get harder in training

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
You are absolutely right with this. I came across many people who don't know why they were rejected. I mean, I understand that kind of behavior if someone got rejected because of some stupid reasons like can't do 2 pull ups or failing drug test, but if someone truly want to join, invested part of their life and part of them self into all that and then just get kicked out without even any explanation ... I think that isn't right from Legion.

Of course there is possibility that people just playing ignorant and they know why they were rejected, but who will know for sure.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Of course there is possibility that people just playing ignorant and they know why they were rejected, but who will know for sure.
Unless they do a big banane during their time at Aubagne, such as fighting or whatever, they go in front of the commission and it is there that they are told if they are going to Castel or not. There will be a translator there to explain what is being said. Otherwise there would be no point in having a commission. The legion knows very well how much their decision can affect someone's life.
The translator is there to answer any questions which the candidate may have. If you have invested a lot of time and money to travel to France to join the legion, then you have the right to why you have been rejected.
Let's not get mixed up between being rejected and asking to leave. Back home it looks better to say that you were rejected than saying that you simply gave up. - Which is not the case of our friend from Gabon. He would have been clearly told why he was rejected, in spite of his claims that he honestly did not know why.

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
It's Matelot slang. And you aren't Matelot, you haven't even served mate. You call them stories. I call them bullsh*tting cause I'm army. Or I call them 'current affairs over tea and crumpets' cause I'm also RAF :D
Crumpet also means a piece of skirt 💋 in army slang! I’ll Leave that one to sexpert!

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Scotland
Crumpet also means a piece of skirt 💋 in army slang! I’ll Leave that one to sexpert!
That's a word before my time mate. It's died out now. We called women 'Splits'.

'Dit' and 'Threaders' was originally Matelot slang but has since seeped into army slang shortly after I left. I personally chew out any of my oppos if they use it.

Most viewed threads of the week