a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legal issues

Kitime

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Let's say a friend of mine is in some legal trouble. 2 felonies, Escape and Battery on a LEO (Which is bullshit, I learned not to curse cops out because they'll compound the charges, freedom my ass.) Let's say if/when he's convicted he jumps out the courthouse window to join the FFL. Will this be found out? If so, will I be extradited back to the US?
I'm not a bad or violent person, I just said the wrong things to the wrong cops and I want to start my life over. I don't want to get out of prison when I'm in my 30's raped both physically and mentally for the rest of my life.

Linus91

Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
If you are in Interpol's registry as a convicted criminal you might as well not go there. Thats at least how I have interpreted it.

Kitime

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Do you know what Interpol's criteria is?

corvee de chotte

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
No it will not be found out ,and the FFL will not tell them if accepted.Better go now before they take the passport and enter your name in the old data system in the US.

Linus91

Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
Do you know what Interpol's criteria is?
In a Swedish documentary an adjutant says that they don't accept people who have been convicted of violence or drug related crimes for example.

Samtoo

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
The Tropic of Mexico...near Little Havana.
Home Country
United States
Let's say a friend of mine is in some legal trouble. 2 felonies, Escape and Battery on a LEO (Which is bullshit, I learned not to curse cops out because they'll compound the charges, freedom my ass.) Let's say if/when he's convicted he jumps out the courthouse window to join the FFL. Will this be found out? If so, will I be extradited back to the US?
I'm not a bad or violent person, I just said the wrong things to the wrong cops and I want to start my life over. I don't want to get out of prison when I'm in my 30's raped both physically and mentally for the rest of my life.
If you have a passport (which I kind of doubt), go as suggested. The less shit you say, the better PERIOD.

BafuD

Reaction score
Home Country
Finland
In a Swedish documentary an adjutant says that they don't accept people who have been convicted of violence or drug related crimes for example.

Murder, rape, drug. Violence aint a problem.

D

Drew2

Unregistered
Take my advice buddy, trust me on this. The whole escaping from the courtroom thing after you're sentenced isn't going to work out. As a fellow American who has also tangled with the law....these are your 3 solid choices:
1. Don't go to the courtdate period, but make sure you get to France before the court date.
2. Go to court and serve the year or so, then hop over to France.
3. If you need more time to prepare/raise money for the trip, get your lawyer to get the courtdate continued for a few months...then go to option 1.

Remember, even though Interpol might not even have a file on you, youre still gonna have to depart from a US airport. And I don't think I have to remind you of how resourceful they can be since 9/11.

flash010

Top Member
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
you wont get in if you have convictions for rape or murder thats the one big no no
any thing else theres a good chance