a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legion Matricule...

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Interesting for this Legion fan. They make me feel somewhat dated.:)
Self elsewhere ; RMV202910- Mne- 20/06/1956.:D

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
118xxx, May 1957 Algeria, 2 REP. Any others? Myself, still drinking a fair bit, but I have given up cigars and hookers.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
118xxx, May 1957 Algeria, 2 REP. Any others? Myself, still drinking a fair bit, but I have given up cigars and hookers.

Why on earth have you given up those ? drink slightly less and spend the spare cash on.......... :)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hey Jonny, welcome back. You may have given up hookers but have they given up on you?
It will be like when Elvis was drafted into the army:eek:

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Jonny, Good to see you are back alive and kicking !

jonny

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Thanks, Joe, Chas and others for the friendly greetings. But yes, I have now, since I’m well into my 79th year on this planet, decided to ignore the advice of my doctors, because what the frug do they know anyway. In short, I have decided to stay faithful to my long term intake of alcoholic beverages, which are as follows (on a sober day),

about 8 to 10 cans of mid strength beer (3.5%alc/vol) during the day, and about half (sometimes more) bottle of wine with evening meal. A generous sundowner of vodka and tonic (switching to aquavite at Christmas time) and then another generous helping of my favourite whisky (Makers Mark, Tennesee Bourbon) before happily hitting the sack.

I plan to will my liver and kidneys to any medical research organisation that will have it for their ongoing research on the evils of alcoholic abuse.

jonny

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
And a Merry Christmas to you all, legionnaires and ‘wallabies’ alike (couldn’t resist that pun). And a happy new year as well, of course (if we could only figure out how to get rid of that twitter guy) that is. Cheers!!

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, Joe, Chas and others for the friendly greetings. But yes, I have now, since I’m well into my 79th year on this planet, decided to ignore the advice of my doctors, because what the frug do they know anyway. In short, I have decided to stay faithful to my long term intake of alcoholic beverages, which are as follows (on a sober day),

about 8 to 10 cans of mid strength beer (3.5%alc/vol) during the day, and about half (sometimes more) bottle of wine with evening meal. A generous sundowner of vodka and tonic (switching to aquavite at Christmas time) and then another generous helping of my favourite whisky (Makers Mark, Tennesee Bourbon) before happily hitting the sack.

I plan to will my liver and kidneys to any medical research organisation that will have it for their ongoing research on the evils of alcoholic abuse.
3'5% is not too bad ..i think the average here is 4'9%.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

Warning this is a professional.
1545466909239.png

:ROFLMAO:

jonny

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
3'5% is not too bad ..i think the average here is 4'9%.
I only switched from full strenght VB a couple of years ago (4.7%). Basically because I had problems with vertigo (staying upright) after the same amount of beer. Same problem with hookers. But why giving up cigars, I don’t know.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
3.5% have better taste than regular (about 5%).

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Where is the connection between legionnaires and their matricule and weak or strong beer. ..do i have to ask?
Anyway, would be good to hear from the nouveau who are now legionnaires there's. .just the first 3 Numbers will do (discrétion oblige)

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea

Maybe
A kid i grew up with, P. Kelly
We wanted to join the Legion together
He bailed out last minute and i did my trip,self
Paul's father was in the Legion
Was wounded in Algeria
Blood stained combat vest blazed his house hold
He was REP too
.......just a curious might be
Being a Scottish / Irish Catholic
His first born was or is called Michael
Michael, Mike, Mikey Kelly ? ring a bell
He would be more or less your age too

Last edited:

scouse arley

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
England
Maybe
A kid i grew up with, P. Kelly
We wanted to join the Legion together
He bailed out last minute and i did my trip,self
Paul's father was in the Legion
Was wounded in Algeria
Blood stained combat vest blazed his house hold
He was REP too
.......just a curious might be
Being a Scottish / Irish Catholic
His first born was or is called Michael
Michael, Mike, Mikey Kelly ? ring a bell
He would be more or less your age too
I knew a Gary Kelly in Djibouti, he came from the Rep I'm pretty sure he had a brother who had served too.