a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legion Maxx

Pink Floyd

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
Rwanda Nov 1991-Avril '92

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1526723435444.jpg
    FB_IMG_1526723435444.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 8
  • FB_IMG_1526723421613.jpg
    FB_IMG_1526723421613.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 21728571_346202825824967_929921780567713721_o.jpg
    21728571_346202825824967_929921780567713721_o.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 8

Pink Floyd

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
Did the Legion participate in fighting the Tutsi in October, 1990?
Yes, 4Cie was in the Central African Republic at the time on company tournante. They flew to Rwanda when the Tutsi rebels came across from Uganda, led by present Rwandan President Paul Kagame. A few of the 4Cie boys got banged up bad. We meet up with 4Cie in Chad (November) when Gaddafi sent his army into Chad. It was a busy time for all. We, 3Cie, returned to Calvi for Christmas, then off to Djibouti for 6 months. Our turn to tour Rwanda came later that year 'November 1991-April' 92.There was a continuation of insurgency at the time. We did a lot of patrolling with the Rwandan paras 'Hutu. One thing I did notice though, how quickly it went from Francophone to Anglophone in a few short years from my time in the Legion...to my time in the country after the Legion.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hi mate...Jacko says hi. He sent me this photo, the fighting 4th in Rwanda October 1990 going in to fight the Tutsis that stormed across from Uganda. Some good, tough men in this photo (plenty of link for the guns)

Thanks, brother. Please give my best to Jacko. This picture brought back a lot of memories and immortalized the men in the photo. I remembered all of the badass motherf*ckers. Respect. Vive La Mort. Dominiquie Vandenberg

Last edited by a moderator:

Pink Floyd

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
Thanks, brother. Please give my best to Jacko. This picture brought back a lot of memories and immortalized the men in the photo. I remembered all of the badass motherfuckers. Respect. Vive La Mort. Dominiquie Vandenberg
I knew you would appreciate it. Will definitely pass on your best to Jacko. Have a few cold ones for me with Paul C when you're back in L.A...LPN brother

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I am having a nice drink with my lovely wife right now, Cheers mate!
By the way, I finally started an official page at
https://www.facebook.com/dominiquievandenbergofficial/
Come join me there with your Legion friends because we can share funny stories.
All the best.
would be great if you have time to fill us in on your training/Diet? how you get ready for a film ..etc. Do you still use good old Military basics in your training or a combination of free weight body training & machines..etc?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Dominiquie can you share with us some pics from movie set or from legion? (some we can't google :))

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Yes, I will try to post some pictures in the near future. Many people asked me about my current training such as Karate and different styles of Boxing. I will post some videos on that topic. Thanks, brothers. Vive la Mort!

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Yes, I will try to post some pictures in the near future. Many people asked me about my current training such as Karate and different styles of Boxing. I will post some videos on that topic. Thanks, brothers. Vive la Mort!

That would be great . And thanks for answer man.

Now, when I watch you in some movie with some friend or even better girlfriend I could say: "Do you see this guy? I'm communicating with him on regular basis, in fact we are good friends." (Just kidding I'm not prick like that. ;))
Appreciate your response and if you will wound little bit time to hang out with us here, it would be great.

BTW I'm not a big fan of Karate,:) but I like most Boxing techniques.

Last edited: