a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legion preparation training program

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Only pounds i didn't need to lose, was spending it on Drink and food, i can still see my dick standing and toes, without a mirror... I think i need a hip replacement though, but i will survive that pain too. :D

Hmmm, sounds familiar, but where did food come into the equation from? I spent all my francs on beer, broads and, hmm, more beer! Cant see the kilt fellow much these days, and need basically a full body replacement, mais, c'est la vie mon vieux, cheers!

Dan98

Reaction score
Home Country
El Salvador
Jogging up it, over the top, jogging down it. Feeling sick coming down it, means you are in a shite conditions, or a total fool. Pick your answer. :)
No no, just part fool, because I have wisdom to ask

Armakedon

Reaction score
Home Country
Macedonia
finally i wait april to start this program 3 months and fly out for legion when i am finish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Armakedon

Reaction score
Home Country
Macedonia
becouse im already running now :) heheheheeheheheheh 8km minimum :D so we can say i am doing this program hahahah but about saturday sunday walks i will correct i will remove it becouse icant do that i will go sunday sometimes to mountain hill climbing :) 2601m or somwhere on mountain

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Jogging up it, over the top, jogging down it. Feeling sick coming down it, means you are in a shite conditions, or a total fool. Pick your answer. :)
THink the answer is shite condition shall we do the C20 just for the fun of it lol

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
This prep works well. On the 2nd month and the pack is easier to lug around. My pull ups are finally 20 supinated, and 12 pronated, after only being able to do 10 and 5. Push-ups are improving, I do about 150-200 a day, in sets of 50. I did a practice luc leger and got to tier 7, so there is room for much improvement. I only have until June but I'll just do my best to get better. Thanks for the tips guys, helped a lot.

Ben1990

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Great program. But I have a question, what is the proper BMI to be accepted into the Legion? I am 6 ft tall and 200 lbs. I have been lifting a lot of weights recently. I guess I should stop and start this program which will probably help me loose some weight. Especially because I live in a pretty hot part of the country.

Sarahlouise

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure about the Legion but for the Brits it is a max waist circumference of 37.6 Inch and BMI up to 28.

Troubadour

Reaction score
Home Country
United States

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden

Ben1990

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I am below 30 BMI so I am fine. If I take time to run and do calestenics more and cut weights I will lose weight. As long as I stay above 20 BMI I am good. But why does the Legion use BMI? Its kind of bull shit because according to BMI even Arnold in his prime would be considered "obese" even the Rock would be considered obese.

Troubadour

Reaction score
Home Country
United States

AR100

Reaction score
Home Country
Netherlands
Lads, don't forget that BMI is for height/weight BUT that muscle weighs more than fat! So if you've built some muscle over the couple of months and you get a BMI which tells you you're overweight, keep in mind it calculates purely on the mass you give. So it doesn't know if it muscle or fat!

Troubadour

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Lads, don't forget that BMI is for height/weight BUT that muscle weighs more than fat! So if you've built some muscle over the couple of months and you get a BMI which tells you you're overweight, keep in mind it calculates purely on the mass you give. So it doesn't know if it muscle or fat!

It's why it's an utterly ridiculous way to judge fitness.

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden

I totally agree with AR100, so don't all you go and patt yourselves on the shoulder, the BMI, just indicates the proportions weight/height, there's also the physical aspect of your whole être (looks), you could look like the Michelin boy (tyre brand) and have a BMI 25.

@Troubadour, it isn't to check if you are fit, it's to check if you are fit for your clothes. :D And i must have missed that conversion part, what's wrong with a pen and a paper and do some calculations? :cool: