Legion recruiting and Legion movies

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Guy who posted this is almost certainly Yugo. In fact now that I looked more closely on his instagram, yeah he is Yugo 100% (Serb, Croat or Bosnian).

Go Yugos! Down Anglos, :) down Poles, down Ruskies, down Africans and especially down Arabs!
Down everyone and go, go Yugos! :)
Wtf is Yugo? Lol I'll look it up.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Yeah, when I looked up what Yugo is, I felt dumb... And re-reading your message I see you said it already 🤣.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
"Mladi legionari na obuci" (Young legionnaires in training). Am I wrong - the instructor is yelling "advance" to the that young recruit while he plays dead?
It looks like he died and then respawns with another life like a video game.

OP
Joseph Cosgrove

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
It looks like, as Perun says, young recruits in training.
Don't worry, by the time you get into combat you will know what to do, and what is expected of you. No-one wants to give up their life for their adopted country, Legio Patria Nostra,
To paraphrase the Gen George Patton " No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country. "
It was of course watered down later on.

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
The guy who posted this is almost certainly Yugo. In fact now that I looked more closely on his instagram, yeah he is Yugo 100% (Serb, Croat or Bosnian).

Go Yugos! Down Anglos, :) down Poles, down Ruskies, down Africans and especially down Arabs! Down everyone and go, go Yugos! :)
With that kind of rhetoric you almost certainly would not be a good candidate for the Legion! Not that you care anyway. The Anglos I can understand, but the Poles/Africans!??

OP
Joseph Cosgrove

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
With that kind of rhetoric you almost certainly would not be a good candidate for the Legion! Not that you care anyway. The Anglos I can understand, but the Poles/Africans!??
It does seem like a strange thing to say for a candidate to join the Legion. Perhaps the “Down with” list is not even exhaustive. I mean there are other nationalities, such as the Germans, French and, why not, the Czechs? :unsure: :cool:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Mark, it’s just a lil bit of patriotism that smolders in me. And to be honest most of it is to respond to Anglo mafia ruling this forum and pushing things their (your) way. Also there is couple smiley faces in my message so you should take that in consideration too. I was joking Mark.
But as they say in every joke there is a little bit of truth, so let me try to explain.

If person is too patriotic I don't think they should join FFL. Of course you should love and respect your homeland, but if things were so great over there, why would you want to join foreign army? That is just a simple question everyone joining should ask themselves.

But yeah, I'm certainly a bad candidate! Why do anyone want a guy from Eastern block? (which my country never was part of btw, but yeah who cares?)
Why me when there are so many young, strong, slight guys coming from Mid East and North Africa.
Maybe their idea at first wasn't to join army, but if you ask them really nicely, built mosque in every regiment, allow them to pray and eat food which their priests allow... etc. Maybe give the double pay as for regular mortals... Yeah, maybe some of them would join.

Or maybe the FFL needs to increase the number of spoiled kids coming from the UK and the US who will stay for max 6 months, take their white cap and go home telling everyone crazy story how they killed hundreds of men?

But no, I'm a bad candidate I should never have joined this forum, let alone thought about joining the FFL!

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Mark, it’s just a lil bit of patriotism that smolders in me. And to be honest most of it is to respond to Anglo mafia ruling this forum and pushing things their (your) way. (...)
Patriotism!? I think you need to serve/ believe in your country before spouting off about that! Mafia anglaise on the forum!? I don’t think so! Many of us served in some other army and then the Legion. Perhaps you need to experience that! Spoiled kids from UK/US..? Many of us had it a lot harder then you can imagine! Oh and please, don’t dodge your comments about the Poles, Africans, Arabs... Anything else!??

hotsauced

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
It looks like, as Perun says, young recruits in training.
Don't worry, by the time you get into combat you will know what to do, and what is expected of you. No-one wants to give up their life for their adopted country, Legio Patria Nostra,
To paraphrase the Gen George Patton " No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country. "
It was of course watered down later on.
pretty cool. it's narrated by Reagan. One of my favorite Generals.

medium article

Last edited:
OP
Joseph Cosgrove

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Here is the citation for the medic who received the Medal of Honor (in the doc.)
GARMAN, HAROLD A.
Rank and organization: Private, U.S. Army, Company B, 5th Medical Battalion, 5th Infantry Division. Place and date: Near Montereau, France, 25 August 1944. Entered service at: Albion, Ill. Born: 26 February 1918, Fairfield, Ill. G.O. No.: 20, 29 March 1945.
Citation: For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty. On 25 August 1944, in the vicinity of Montereau, France, the enemy was sharply contesting any enlargement of the bridgehead which our forces had established on the northern bank of the Seine River in this sector. Casualties were being evacuated to the southern shore in assault boats paddled by litter bearers from a medical battalion. Pvt. Garman, also a litter bearer in this battalion, was working on the friendly shore carrying the wounded from the boats to waiting ambulances. As 1 boatload of wounded reached midstream, a German machinegun suddenly opened fire upon it from a commanding position on the northern bank 100 yards away. All of the men in the boat immediately took to the water except 1 man who was so badly wounded he could not rise from his litter. Two other patients who were unable to swim because of their wounds clung to the sides of the boat. Seeing the extreme danger of these patients, Pvt. Garman without a moment's hesitation plunged into the Seine. Swimming directly into a hail of machinegun bullets, he rapidly reached the assault boat and then while still under accurately aimed fire towed the boat with great effort to the southern shore. This soldier's moving heroism not only saved the lives of the three patients but so inspired his comrades that additional assault boats were immediately procured and the evacuation of the wounded resumed. Pvt. Garman's great courage and his heroic devotion to the highest tenets of the Medical Corps may be written with great pride in the annals of the corps.

He's only 1 of 52 to have have received the medal.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Oh and please, don’t dodge your comments about the Poles, Africans, Arabs... Anything else!?
I'm not dodging anything. I believe I didn't mention Africans, but it could be them too. I was just randomly counted nations and there is no system in that. Was saying go Yugos and down everyone else, like when you support your football team. Not because I hate those nations.
Ohh i did said "especially down Arabs". That is because of their current invasion on Europe and aggressive spreading of Islam, but there is some other ethnicity involved in that project too. I would said among other Kurds are very active.
Portrayed in West as brave, oppressed fighters against ISIS who have no land. If you ask Turks or some other nations who live among them you would get a completely different description of Kurdish people. Meeting them every day I believe more and more in Turkish version.
I don't know if Americans promised them land for an alliance, but they should be more specific which land they were thinking about. Because looks to me that many Kurds would take Western European countries as spoil of war.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Those milestones mark the border of French Guiana with Brazil. A total of seven were installed in the late 50s/early 60s. I remember seeing a documentary about 3e REI, where legionnaires on mission profonde had arrived to their objective but spent quite some time finding it, as it was hidden in the middle of the vegetation. If I'm not mistaken, once found, the mission is also to clear the vegetation around the borne, that will then regrow and be cleared again by the next patrol.
This may be the documentary you referred to. Or is this different? Asking because I'm wondering if there is more to this one

OP
Joseph Cosgrove

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
I have seen this video. The pathfinder is a Colombian. I do believe that they have nowadays fitted the bornes with signals which can be located with GPS.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Dusaboss

“Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.” Now who said that?
It can be over played. However, I respect your fervent belief. However this is hardly an Anglo supremacy forum.

Now in the FFL your specific country irrespective of nationality is irrelevant. You simply become a member of the Legion family. You will have to blend in. You very possibly might make friends from all sorts of nationals. You might even be surprised.