a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legion recruiting and Legion movies

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia

Didn't sow this video. And this guy, US marine (ex- marine :)) doing commenting, looks like he respects legions ways and not so much ways of UK marins (Of today. I'm sore he have more respect for older guys Chas ;))
He have more FFL videos which we probably all saw.

To be honest looks like he watched video where looks like someone want intentionally to embarrass RM .

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
To be honest looks like he watched video where looks like someone want intentionally to embarrass RM .
Good observation, Dusa. Although I wouldn't say it was to intentionally embarrass the RMs. I would say it looks more like a recruiting programme. Let me explain myself, all these kind of films have to be approved by the powers that be. In other words those that are in charge. The fact that people turn up with suitcases and in a suit and tie, will be standard orders. they have to give a good image to the public.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
The fact that people turn up with suitcases and in a suit and tie, will be standard orders. they have to give a good image to the public.
if that was their intent I think they miss target by far. :)

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom

Didn't sow this video. And this guy, US marine (ex- marine :)) doing commenting, looks like he respects legions ways and not so much ways of UK marins (Of today. I'm sore he have more respect for older guys Chas ;))

Just one mans opinion .

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I've seen some of this guys videos, I dont know if I'm too keen on his stuff. Seems to be if it's not yank, its shit in his opinion.
Having done the All Arms Commando Course, which is open to all Brit service men and a few select countries, I'd say that the actual video he presented didn't represent the RMs. You didn't see the endurance course, or the Tarzan assault course. It was mainly about people in the barracks and going on or coming off of weekends.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States

Dusaboss, there is no such thing as an Ex-Marine! Marines for life and the proper titles are Former Marines, Retired Marines (me), or Marines (Active)

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I thought his Comment was Spot on with the Mali Deployment. Key points, the US Armed Forces Lose to many people like Cpl. Brewster for dumb shit like DUIs. Another, the Italian Sergeant leaving after 10-years, the assessment is correct. After 10-years making the transition to Civilian Life is harder than you can believe, Joe and others know what I am saying. The 1st 6-Months will be fine but then the vary hard cold fact really sets in...I am no longer a Marine on Active Duty and I can never be that again, the exact same for Legionnaires. I did not watch the RM video. I think his opinion of the Legionnaires is quite high, much respect. Last Point, if there are any pretenders reading this and you plan to join and are getting up there in age, you will have to do far more to maintain that level of fitness and you will guaranteed suffer more orthopedic injuries, you're not 17 any longer. I served on Active Duty from 25 to 45. At 45, my god it was hard, harder you can imagine. Many many injuries that will never go away. No more Meniscus in my left knee, a hip replacement for my left hip, and more Steroid Injections in my back, knees, and shoulders.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Hi, Edwin
Do I know you?
You haven't introduced your self?
You are from Kenya?
How old are you?
You can run good, yes?
Of course you can, you are a Kenyan
Can you do 7 pull ups at least?
Understand some french?
Post Schitum
Say hi to forum from me
Ta in advance

Reaction score
Home Country
Kenya
Hi, Edwin
Do I know you?
You haven't introduced your self?
You are from Kenya?
How old are you?
You can run good, yes?
Of course you can, you are a Kenyan
Can you do 7 pull ups at least?
Understand some french?
Post Schitum
Say hi to forum from me
Ta in advance
Yes sir, I can run very fast.... Am 27 years and also I do 8 pull ups....now am ready enough by March 2021 I Will arrive to France 🇫🇷.. 🇫🇷♥️Légion.... I don't understand frech but the time goes I will understand sir.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Like I thought so...
You will stand a more than a good chance in selection
My opinion only

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Dusaboss, there is no such thing as an Ex-Marine! Marines for life and the proper titles are Former Marines, Retired Marines (me), or Marines (Active)
No problemo Mr Ex- marine. ;)

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
No problemo Mr Ex- marine. ;)
Hey, remember, the other thread was the War near and dear to your heart, it took Marines to go in and rescue a downed Air Force Pilot in your neighbor hood. Merry Christmas Dusa

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Hey, remember, the other thread was the War near and dear to your heart, it took Marines to go in and rescue a downed Air Force Pilot in your neighbor hood. Merry Christmas Dusa
First there is no war dear to me. (OK maybe future one between Saudi Arabia and USA... just kidding :)) Especially not those wars close to me witch destroyed my country.
Second, easy man! I was just pushing your buttons. I don't consider your "ex" marine. We had discussions on the subject many times before. You have to get relax with that.
Third, what pilot did you rescue here? I think you just pushing my buttons on that one.