a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legion Veterans Card ?

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Do Legionnaires get a Veterans ID card on completion of service ? if so does it get them many benefits ?

The U.S and now the U.K do offer this to retired service men and women.

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
The UK version is a joke. I can see no purpose to it.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
The UK version is a joke. I can see no purpose to it.
They were talking about this years ago. I remember when i was doing security for the British Army me and another guy who was ex Army too, an ex Sgt 22 years service Coldstream Guards (we all were, had a US Army Guy too) went into the Naafi for a Bottle of brown sauce . a little pr§ck of a Naafi Manager approached him and said you can´t buy it. He was lucky Kev never punched him as he was a big Geordie nutter...LOL never bothered with their stupid card.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Do Legionnaires get a Veterans ID card on completion of service ? if so does it get them many benefits ?

The U.S and now the U.K do offer this to retired service men and women.
Not in my time, but if you have been in actual combat for a continuous 90 days you can obtain a combatant card.
I don't know anymore what benefits you may have if you have that card.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Not in my time, but if you have been in actual combat for a continuous 90 days you can obtain a combatant card.
I don't know anymore what benefits you may have if you have that card.
I believe it gives a reduction on your impots, taxes if you live in France. personally I haven't got one.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I believe it gives a reduction on your impots, taxes if you live in France. personally I haven't got one.
I do think that if you´ve served in the Legion you should get all benefits open to French people.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
If they are unable to give me the "benefit of the doubt", then sod their card (s)
Have my pride, yeh ken?