a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's go again

FromBosnia

Reaction score
Home Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hello everyone. I was in Aubagne 3 ago. I was rejected bcs I had a scar from surgery that happened in 2004. I had no documentation with me, so I was rejected. The Doctor said that I was good but he couldn't approve my condition. I'm 21 now and work on a cruise ship in Caribbean sea. I will take some money and go back in France. I did not receive any paper on the way out. I wrote emails letters, but no response. I will take documentation wih me this time. Has anyone been in this situation? Can they reject me on the gate?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi FromBosnia, sorry to hear that you went all that way to get rejected. Can you tell us who exactly rejected you. I'm assuming it was the doctor.

FromBosnia

Reaction score
Home Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Yes the Doctor. Him said everything is ok but I can not let you pass. On the way out I was the only guy without the paper.

Crisvb39

Reaction score
Home Country
Chile
What surgery did you have? I’m Curious if you need papers for every surgery including the minimal ones like appendicitis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Yes the Doctor. Him said everything is ok but I can not let you pass. On the way out I was the only guy without the paper.

What worries me most is that you will be on the legion records for having tried once and been sent away without any record of why. It's all well and good saying that the doctor told you to come back with proof of the type and reason of surgery. The only question is will you even get as far as seeing the doctor again. Even during interviews if you tell them to just ask the doctor, I doubt if he will remember you.

FromBosnia

Reaction score
Home Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Yes i know about the records. When I showed up for the first time at the gate in Aubagne they asked me is this my first time here. Well I will have some money with me I will do medical exam maybe in France then together with the documents I will go on Sunday night. Monday morning is the exam. That is the best I can do I think. I had hip surgery

rashisan

Reaction score
Home Country
Bulgaria
Yes i know about the records. When I showed up for the first time at the gate in Aubagne they asked me is this my first time here. Well I will have some money with me I will do medical exam maybe in France then together with the documents I will go on Sunday night. Monday morning is the exam. That is the best I can do I think. I had hip surgery
Hello FromBosnia, by my opinion it is better to go in Paris. During medical test even you do not have papers for your scar or what ever they will send you out to one of their military hospitals for consulting. Usually you do not pay at the hospital but be prepared with some cash aroud 30 euros. I hope you can make it but if you have définitive rejection note from the FFL do not loose your time. They will send you home right from the door.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

FromBosnia

Reaction score
Home Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Yes but I need to try one more time bcs this is what I really want. Everyday i think about it so I need to try again.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
This is what happens when you .......Fail to prepare, you prepare to fail!.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Well, you f*cked and went unprepared thinking the Legion was going to be your meal ticket. It's no wonder today's Legion is full of guys who are just there for money.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Either way, you bombed the medical. Normally it's a 60, 90 day wait to go back. Seeing how you didn't get any papers, I would not bother going back. The Legion keeps strict record of who can come back and who can never. That paper is your instruction. Inapte temporaire or inapte définitif, there is no in between.

FromBosnia

Reaction score
Home Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I know that but I did not receive paper on the way out. Some guys received inapte définitif and others got temporaire. On that paper, the doctor wrote what they need to do to come back. I did not receive any.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I know that but I did not receive paper on the way out. Some guys received inapte définitif and others got temporaire. On that paper, the doctor wrote what they need to do to come back. I did not receive any.

I think one good thing that came out of this, if there is a good thing, is that people are now aware to this. What I mean is that the Doctor obviously speaks English and has someone to interpret for other nationalities. So If he/she tells you to come back with documentation, ask him for a piece of paper stating what documentation is required.

I don't think that this would come under the categories of inapte définatif or indéfinatif. The same as those being sent out for an x-ray or ECG. Also in your case you should ask if the documentation needs to be translated into French -probably the case.

Remember guys, it's your new career your looking after. Don't just walk out the gate wondering what you should do next. There's no point in sending emails or letters to the legion asking them what you should do. I'd even go as far as to say that they would not look into it: Doctor - patient confidentiality or secret professional/ medical, call it what you want.

In a nutshell, ask what you should do do before leaving the doctor's office and make sure that you get a piece of paper.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I know who the doc is, He is a British guy and very fair and wont bullshit you. He also doesn't like dudes with horror stories and nothing to validate them with. All in all, I think the guy effed himself nicely and now wants to in eff himself, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.