a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Letter by Christian Piquemal

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Can any current or past Legionnaires share some thoughts on this? Is it serious? Will anything actually come of this?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Le terrible,
The open letter sent is ture, I saw it on the french news. Nothing will come from it. General Picquemal is already erased from the ranks of general (2s). He was actually my commanding officer in 3REI. He spent years in the legion - up to 4 stars if I'm not mistaken.
He was replaced in 3 REI by the then Colonel Tresti (aka granny Wilson) who carried the hand at this years Camerone.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
I found this in today's news. It doesn't really say anything new:

I would warn anyone on social media who is thinking of joining to keep any personnel opinions on the subject to themselves as we know that the 'gestapo' will check you phone and ask you about your facebook account and what not.

It goes without saying that the legion is very much against any form of racism. I'm not saying that the article is inciting people to be racist, and heaven knows how big a problem the youth of France can be... and that is coming from someone who has lived in Marseille for years.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Croatia
When generals meddle into and with politics, reminds me of central and south America and Africa. They can and will influence public opinion a bit, but they will achieve nothing, as they should in a stabile democracy like France.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
When generals meddle into and with politics, reminds me of central and south America and Africa. They can and will influence public opinion a bit, but they will achieve nothing, as they should in a stabile democracy like France.
I thoroughly agree with you there Perun, believe me when I say that I know what life is like under a junta regime.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I'm not saying that the article is inciting people to be racist, .
But they do Joe. Article coming from usual suspect BBC which is part of large network of globalist, leftist media who almost copy-pasting certain news about conected with their globalist agenda.
They not saying directly, but you can read between lines accusations on army to be racist. They also calling Marine Le Pen far-right. :). because they are so far left that even center to them looks far right.
There's only so much time left where they can still silencing anyone with different option by putting "racist" label on them.

People were fighting against radical Islam ideology risking and giving lives just to discover that someone in meantime decided to let radical Islam flourish back home. Definitely not doing enough to stop it and even indirectly (sometimes directly) helping it.

I don't know if someone intentionally pushing Europe to civil war, but that is direction we are going now. Migrants still arriving in significant numbers and almost all of them are deeply in Islam. They are not Turkish Muslims who have softer version of Islam and have cultural much closer to European so they are able to adapt. That wouldn't be case with this new immigrants.

I just wonder what would happen when they after 5 to 10 y realize they not getting 1000 € for doing nothing, food and shelter as was promised. They not getting blondy pussy as promised, in contrary they are in pretty shitty situation. Only thing they can turn to is Islam. Plus they would almost certainly start to hate country in which they are...Add to that numbers of Muslim immigrants both old and new one. Add growing intolerance of non Muslim population towards them and you have recipe for disaster.

Someone know that and doing on purpose!

Last edited:

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
They will never and save the secularist horse sh$t, they will never assimilate to western culture and values, very will happen. And you can bet your @ss Notre Dame's fire was an accident, nor was the beheading of many priest or our two newest members of the US Congress A Somali "Immigrant" and another born and raised in Detroit, Palestinian. Every word out of their mouth is Anti Semitic, Israel is a terrorist because oh they have the audacity to fire back at the terrorist of the world

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Appreciate the info guys, I’m sure sentiments of the signatories of the letter are widely shared but yeah I also doubt anything will happen.

No 1960s repeats ;)

Most viewed threads of the week