a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• The Forum will be unavailable within a few hours while we are fixing/upgrading

Looking for help finding legion records

donistern

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I am hoping that there is someone here who has the right connections to help me. I have been looking for the exact burial spot of my great uncle who fought and died with the legion in 1941 in Massua, Eritrea. I have some of his legion records, his name was Morris Lubinski, aka James Broglie.
I would like to find the burial spot. From what I understand he died in the battle of Massawa on the Italian hospital ship Ramb IV, which had already been captured by the British at the time of his death.

I have his matricule number. I have written to every French government office and the Legion museum and I haven't received any relevant details to date.

Thank you so much and happy holidays to all.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
I am hoping that there is someone here who has the right connections to help me. I have been looking for the exact burial spot of my great uncle who fought and died with the legion in 1941 in Massua, Eritrea. I have some of his legion records, his name was Morris Lubinski, aka James Broglie.
I would like to find the burial spot. From what I understand he died in the battle of Massawa on the Italian hospital ship Ramb IV, which had already been captured by the British at the time of his death.

I have his matricule number. I have written to every French government office and the Legion museum and I haven't received any relevant details to date.

Thank you so much and happy holidays to all.
Write to this address:
Commandement de La Légion étrangère
Bureau des Anciens
Quartier Viénot RD 2
BP 21 355
13 784 AUBAGNE Cedex
FRANCE

Or:

Le Commandant

Directeur du Bureau Centre des Archives du Personnel Militaire

Caserne Bernadotte

64023 Pau cedex