a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for honest answer

Vladimir

Reaction score
Home Country
Macedonia
Hello everyone, since this is my first post on this forum, I would like to share my story and ask a simple question (which has been answered so many times, yeah i know but still...). I am planning my trip to Paris on 27 March this year, a month from now.
It was my dream to join FFL since I was probably 15 (I'm 20 now). Now I think the time has come to try out my luck and hopefully become a legionnaire. So i am preparing myself both physical and mental but I have one concern about missing teeth. To make a long story short U am without my #6 tooth from both left and right side of jaw, and also I recently had my #4 and #5 extracted from my upper row (left side). My dentist said that I will not have any problems regarding my wisdom teeth, so he put dental fillings and that's it.
So now it results with 4 missing teeth. The other ones are in fantastic shape which means no cavity and other dental problems. I already read about topics like this but since i'm new here i gotta do my thing, which is to ask stupid questions like this haha (I know). Please be kind and share your opinion. What are my chances of being rejected because of my teeth?

C

cujo6688

Unregistered
I'm a wannabee but this link can maybe help. Good luck in selection and welcome to this forum :)

http://foreignlegion.info/joining/

This is what said on the site, please correct me if i am wrong:

Be sure you have healthy teeth (or treated)
Maximum number of missing teeth between 4 and 6, depending on the value of the teeth
Masticatory coefficient (to have quite healthy teeth) greater than or equal to 40%

and this is their official site below

http://www.legion-recrute.com/

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
(...) Please be kind and share your opinion. What are my chances of being rejected because of my teeth?
They will calculate a so-called “coefficient de masticationâ€￾ (masticatory coefficient), as mentioned by Cujo. I don't know the procedure in details, but basically, each tooth is given a certain value in points. The more missing, decayed or badly positioned teeth you have, the lower this coefficient is and below a certain threshold, you're rejected. I think the minimum is 30% (or 40%), but I don't know in practice what that means. You may go and see a dentist in your country and ask him. Computing a masticatory coefficient must be standard practice.

Vladimir

Reaction score
Home Country
Macedonia
They will calculate a so-called “coefficient de masticationâ€￾ (masticatory coefficient), as mentioned by Cujo. I don't know the procedure in details, but basically, each tooth is given a certain value in points. The more missing, decayed or badly positioned teeth you have, the lower this coefficient is and below a certain threshold, you're rejected. I think the minimum is 30% (or 40%), but I don't know in practice what that means. You may go and see a dentist in your country and ask him. Computing a masticatory coefficient must be standard practice.
Thank you for your time I think here in Macedonia we should have something like that haha.