a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for support!

californiajai

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hello forum friends! So if you all could take a moment to check out my link that would be great, thanks! This Campaign is to fund my efforts of providing Combat Medical Support to the Peshmerga (Kurdistan Forces) in their fight against ISIS/ISIL (terrorists). The funds will be used for Gear and Airfare.

https://fundly.com/tactical-medical-support-in-the-fight-against-isis-isil

I just started this campaign and am looking for all the help I can get. If you cannot donate them could you pass it on or post on your Facebook, ect. to get the word out! Thanks guys and gals!!!

californiajai
Jason L.

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
Californiajai is a long time member, he used to be very active but hasn't been on in a while, he is also an Ancien and this is posted under “News from Membersâ€￾... so I don't see a problem. We have sections devoted to things that are not strictly ‘Legion" material’.

Plus we have a lot of threads talking about the Kurds battle with ISIS and the foreign volunteers. CJ obviously intends to be a foreign volunteer.

Hi Californiajai! ;)

N

Niilo

Unregistered
Californiajai is a long time member, he used to be very active but hasn't been on in a while, he is also an Ancien and this is posted under “News from Membersâ€￾... so I don't see a problem. We have sections devoted to things that are not strictly ‘Legion" material’.

Plus we have a lot of threads talking about the Kurds battle with ISIS and the foreign volunteers. CJ obviously intends to be a foreign volunteer.

Hi Californiajai! ;)
Thanks for clearing it up :).

Domenique1990

Reaction score
Home Country
Netherlands
Are you aware that there already are training mission of NATO forces in Erbil or Kirkuk that are training the indigenous Kurdish peshmerga forces? Germany are their biggest contributor, in terms of providing new weapons and equipment, aswell as training. And also help from Canada, the Netherlands and the UK.

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
Are you aware that there already are training mission of NATO forces in Erbil or Kirkuk that are training the indigenous Kurdish peshmerga forces? Germany are their biggest contributor, in terms of providing new weapons and equipment, aswell as training. And also help from Canada, the Netherlands and the UK.
Highly interesting news, when they have finished with the training, it may even be over and lost, the way it all took a turn, since there's just rocks and sand and little of interest, just to save faces, starting to train... like 3 years in.
As for my highly esteemed brother, no matter how great and justified your reasons are, I don't bet on horse races, so, with me, you aren't having the luck of having me to pay for your fate. Sorry mate, I do hope you will reach your goal, but you will be in my prayers, not me paying.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Jay.
Me and you go quite a way back man. Now dont take this the wrong way, why? What I meant to say was why get into a fight that is not even yours man? If you want medical supplies go to the Red Cross and plead your case, or that money on the air fare and all that
use that and put them through the embassy or a third party that's already in theater.
Man stay at home and dust the boots off. There plenty of fire crackers full of piss and vinegar that would go, whatever your motivation, if you do go stay safe and lower that a snakes belly.

Last edited by a moderator:

californiajai

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hey Nick! Yes, Nick got it right. I am looking to become a Foreign Volunteer for Peshmerga (Kurds), I plan to be out there for a year. If I get my campaign funded I will post updates here and photos/videos. This is the sort of thing many of the Anciens did back in my day. The civilian world tends to get a bit boring after a life spent in the Legion, so sometimes we have to spice it up a little, and of course doing something good for mankind isn't so bad either. I stepped away from the forum for awhile simply to give the new guys getting out or still in room to speak. What the Legion was in my days is not the Legion we have today (either for better or worse). Militaries change, yes even the Legion and what I went through is not what a new EV would go through now. So it just made sense to give the new guys more room here. I could talk about life after the legion and in a way that's what I am doing now. I posted my campaign link on here because guess what...Anciens stick together, we help each other out (when we can) and of course we spread the word. I could not think of a better place to post than right here. Even if no one donates, I would hope that the word gets spread, eventually someone will donate a few dollars. Besides it is for a good cause! Thanks all!

californiajai

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hey Martin! We do go way back, thanks for making feel old, haha. I am doing this because its what I am. I am a man who doesn't like to sit behind desks, who doesn't like to dust off my boots. I tried, I really did. But that life isn't for me, I need to be shot at, I need dirty boots! You know I will stay safe, Hell I aint no hero! As to do you Dom, I am not going over to train the forces. I am heading over to provide Combat Medical support (something no one at the moment is providing). Meaning, I will go over, kill a few baddies, patch up a few goodies and a year later come home to a nice cold Beer! Since this is a Volunteer deal I wont get paid and since they have very few supplies in the way of Medicine I will have to bring my own. Which is the main reason I am asking for donations. The airfare to of course, but that's just $2000. The rest is for medical supplies. The group I will be working with has gotten donations from companies in the form of IFAK (Indiv. first-aid kits) but those wont help with sucking chest wounds, fluid loss, ect. Again, if you no one donates that's fine, I would understand, but getting the word out there is important, some people will donate.

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
I reckon it's honourable, I know the boredom feeling all to well mate! Once I get paid I'll chuck a few quid in.
p.s., A crisps packet works as a chest seal in a SHTF scenario

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hey Nick! Yes, Nick got it right. I am looking to become a Foreign Volunteer for Peshmerga (Kurds), I plan to be out there for a year. If I get my campaign funded I will post updates here and photos/videos. This is the sort of thing many of the Anciens did back in my day. The civilian world tends to get a bit boring after a life spent in the Legion, so sometimes we have to spice it up a little, and of course doing something good for mankind isn't so bad either. I stepped away from the forum for awhile simply to give the new guys getting out or still in room to speak. What the Legion was in my days is not the Legion we have today (either for better or worse). Militaries change, yes even the Legion and what I went through is not what a new EV would go through now. So it just made sense to give the new guys more room here. I could talk about life after the legion and in a way that's what I am doing now. I posted my campaign link on here because guess what...Anciens stick together, we help each other out (when we can) and of course we spread the word. I could not think of a better place to post than right here. Even if no one donates, I would hope that the word gets spread, eventually someone will donate a few dollars. Besides it is for a good cause! Thanks all!

Yes we do stick together! Send me your e-mail ancien and I will send what I can.

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hello forum friends! So if you all could take a moment to check out my link that would be great, thanks! This Campaign is to fund my efforts of providing Combat Medical Support to the Peshmerga (Kurdistan Forces) in their fight against ISIS/ISIL (terrorists). The funds will be used for Gear and Airfare.

https://fundly.com/tactical-medical-support-in-the-fight-against-isis-isil

I just started this campaign and am looking for all the help I can get. If you cannot donate them could you pass it on or post on your Facebook, ect. to get the word out! Thanks guys and gals!!!

californiajai
Jason L.

I know a few of those guys over there, they need all the help they can get. I'll help send you some funds.

Roey

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Jai...all the best in your endeavours over there..! You will certainly be making a difference with your skill set..!
I will send you some funds to help you on your journey but ask one thing of you...have a recce up to Shaikan 7 oil field and clear a safe passage...my shares in Gkp have gone to shit with all this going on lol..(joking about the passage lol)

You are a brave man and wish you well and of course stay Safe.!!! I will keep an eye out for you on the Lions of Rajova page...