a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lt Colonel Zlatko Sabljić

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Dušan and USMCRET,
I appreciate it, far as I'm concerned we're cool.
We can banter on other threads, and maybe we should more often - 32 people were online at one point. Go figure..
But one can never pass an opportunity to yank DUSABOSS's Chain

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Croatia
But one can never pass an opportunity to yank DUSABOSS's Chain
Understandable, but wouldn't correct way to put it be: to rebel his chain? (Yank - Yankee) If you get my drift..

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Try, Yanquee
Btw , Yankee is Indian pronounciation forAnglais / English
Not that am any of the above fore mentioned

Last edited:

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Croatia
I know, I read "The deerhunter" by J.F.Cooper (that's the first book, second one is "The last of the Mohicans").

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Croatia
I liked "My left foot", "In the name of the father" also.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Understandable, but wouldn't correct way to put it be: to rebel his chain? (Yank - Yankee) If you get my drift..
I get it, he can "Yank his own Chain," not going to Yank that one. But here it means take a joking shot at him in fun, he returns the favor believe me, the whole "Ex-Marine," part is his little devilish jab at me.

The LtCol here, the Marine Corps, would have been called "Mustang." The meaning is that he rose from the Enlisted Side of the House, not some Ste. Cyr or West Point Academy Grad.

Actually, when in dress uniform you can always tell a prior Enlisted Marine who became an Officer by looking to see if they display a Good Conduct Medal. Officers do not get Good Conduct Medals, only Enlisted after 3-years of good behavior. It is expected the Officers will always be well behaved, hence, no Good Conduct Medal.

So, Merry Christmas to all.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Croatia
I know, like pulling somebody's leg. All of us here like to "return the favour" when on a recieving end.
All the best to you and your family, marine.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Thank you for that info, Duško - somehow I missed it. I'll ask Joe to erase the thread.
No can do Perun. for the simple reason that there have been 29 posts and all 29 posts will be erased.
It's the same as when someone who goes to join the legion and asks if all of his threads can be deleted. What I can do is lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.