Mallet finger

Good day,

I am a 27 year old wanna be legionaire.

I have a condition called mallet finger, my ring finger can't curl / bend all the way in as it is stiff from the middle knuckle. I if I make a fist it looks like I'm flipping someone off. Would this disqualify me during medicals?

I can still grip weights, do pull ups, push ups on my knuckles etc.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
I Robtm7 and welcome to the forum. I'm not a doctor but I wouldn't give you much chance of getting in with mallet finger. I admit I'd never heard of it before, but the fact that you can't bend your finger or fingers for that matter, in my opinion would be a disqualifier. Sorry mate.

Hope you can get that fixed. Pinky on my right Hand is bent..broke it as a kid & it sort of Set itself slightly bent :cool:..remember in Training being told to put my fingers together when I salute... I explained & they just laughed. Your Problem will no doubt need surgery if they can sort it...good luck

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
1539083453541.png this is a photo of yours truly in central Africa. I've had my ring and pinky fingers broken in an accident in Chad, long story already told. Spent a year with pins in and then had to leave the REP because, even if I could get up the rope, the médecin chef head doctor wouldn't sign my REP clearance. Results: I cannot straighten or bend my pinky, which is a must -bending- when climbing the rope which is a must in the REP.

View attachment 4027 this is a photo of yours truly in central Africa. I've had my ring and pinky fingers broken in an accident in Chad, long story already told. Spent a year with pins in and then had to leave the REP because, even if I could get up the rope, the médecin chef head doctor wouldn't sign my REP clearance. Results: I cannot straighten or bend my pinky, which is a must -bending- when climbing the rope which is a must in the REP.
shame...but at least you did it Joe...you did your time..

SnafuSmite

View attachment 4027 this is a photo of yours truly in central Africa. I've had my ring and pinky fingers broken in an accident in Chad, long story already told. Spent a year with pins in and then had to leave the REP because, even if I could get up the rope, the médecin chef head doctor wouldn't sign my REP clearance. Results: I cannot straighten or bend my pinky, which is a must -bending- when climbing the rope which is a must in the REP.
Never asked Joe, but how did the tree look afterwards?:ROFLMAO:

Grenade throwning practice (counts in Castel)
Dont think you would be prime choice for a piquet d' honneur either
Inapte défilé, imo
Surgery would sort that out and efficently
See to it before you attempt joining
My best advice

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Never asked Joe, but how did the tree look afterwards?:ROFLMAO:
I don't know about the tree but the driver gave me a wide berth from then on. I was lucky not to get sent back with all the company equipment, if anyone asks I say it was because I was considered a good element, except on here because everyone would know I was just B sh*tting ;)

I don't know about the tree but the driver gave me a wide berth from then on. I was lucky not to get sent back with all the company equipment, if anyone asks I say it was because I was considered a good element, except on here because everyone would know I was just B sh*tting ;)
Well we all know that BS baffles brains. That is why I have survived so long without being sussed out.;)

Most viewed threads of the week