Martial Arts

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Krav Maga those bitches up bro! :)

I think forum need thread about martial arts. So who will start? Sexpert you and your Steven Seagal- like arts?

Joe do you have time to write as something about Muay Thai in Thailand? Is there matches going on close where you are?
I think Muay Thai is single most effective martial art existing (not counting MMA).

What clubs existing in FFL? I'm pretty sure there is MMA club in 2 rep. Also I saw BJJ club in legion (not sure what reg). If someone have info it would be nice to share with as.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Krav Maga those bitches up bro! :)

I think forum need thread about martial arts. So who will start? Sexpert you and your Steven Seagal- like arts?

Joe do you have time to write as something about Muay Thai in Thailand? Is there matches going on close where you are?
I think Muay Thai is single most effective martial art existing (not counting MMA).

What clubs existing in FFL? I'm pretty sure there is MMA club in 2 rep. Also I saw BJJ club in legion (not sure what reg). If someone have info it would be nice to share with as.
If you do boxing & Judo/BJJ you are covered. I boxed in the Army & Have a Dan grade in Judo. I also now do Wing Tsun (Wing Chun) i like the trapping & speed of the chain punches. Having said all of this you will never stop a bullet :)

Last edited:
OP
dusaboss

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
What is your opinion on martial arts taught in armies? Which one would be best?

I saw many BS arts taught to modern soldiers. Krav Maga included. Sorry if I'm breaking someone's illusion of Krav Maga being deadliest non weapon skill, but from what I'm seeing on internet on how Krav Maga is taught and what it is ... Simply that will not work in real life scenario.
If someone have video of technique which is effective and different from what I'm seeing I'll be glad to look at and to change my opinion on Krav Maga if it's convincing. Until that ... sorry

As I said there is other techniques taught even worse than mentioned. Thank god that today more likely than not soldiers would never have need for any of that (except in the bar :)).

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom

I saw many BS arts taught to modern soldiers. Krav Maga included. Sorry if I'm breaking someone's illusion of Krav Maga being deadliest non weapon skill, but from what I'm seeing on internet on how Krav Maga is taught and what it is ... Simply that will not work in real life scenario.
If someone have video of KM technique which is effective and different from what I'm seeing I'll be glad to look at and to change my opinion on Krav Maga if it's convincing. Until that ... sorry

As I said there is other techniques taught even worse. Thank god that today more likely than not soldiers would never have need for any of that (except in the bar :)).
well there is two types of this system, the real not watered down one tought to the Military & the civilian version. They used to take us out & do "Aikido" but it was more Jui Jitsu arm locks, wrist locks ,throws also batons.

OP
dusaboss

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
From my time here I met more than few guys who claiming to be experts (Sexperts :)) in many martial arts. With some of them saying to know almost all of them. :)

From my experience any of them did not join FFL. Ok maybe I'm not right person to talking on that subject. But I will. :)

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
I laugh when i meet the BJJ Guys who think they know everything about fighting. I knew a guy who comes from Glasgow & his Family are all boxers. He was a good Amateur Boxer. saw him KO a few guys in Bars. no messing around..bang..lights out.

OP
dusaboss

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I laugh when i meet the BJJ Guys who think they know everything about fighting. I knew a guy who comes from Glasgow & his Family are all boxers. He was a good Amateur Boxer. saw him KO a few guys in Bars. no messing around..bang..lights out.
That's right. Boxing is most effective skill for non professionals. It's easiest to be taught. You don't have to train a lot in order to apply in fight. And it comes natural to hit someone in head. Leg shots need to be trained, not so easy to perform and physically demanding. But arm hits... not so much.
If you want to fight on higher level than you have to know some leg technique and some grappling (BJJ, Wrestling) for minimum how to defend yourself from being locked. Because if you don't KO guy who know that you could be easily in trouble.

Of course pure strength and physical shape is very effective. If you fight someone who is in much better shape than you, 30 kg heavier, know how to fight (basics) ... really there is no martial art which can help you much.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
That's right. Boxing is most effective skill for non professionals. It's easiest to be taught. You don't have to train a lot in order to play in fight. And it comes natural to get someone in head. Leg shots need to be trained, not so easy to perform and physically demanding. But arm hits... not so much.
If you want to fight on higher level than you have to know some leg technique and some grappling (BJJ, Wrestling) for minimum how to defend yourself from being locked. Because if you don't KO guy who know that you could be easily in trouble.

Of course pure strength and physical shape is very effective. If you fight someone who is in much better shape than you, 30 kg heavier, know how to fight (basics) ... really there is no martial art which can help you much.
well yes & no. I have seen a big dude getting dropped from a single finger being poked into his throat just above your collar bone. It depends on how far you will go & dirty fighting.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
what a lot donĀ“t know is there was/is Atemi waza in higher kata in judo.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
well yes & no. I have seen a big dude getting dropped from a single finger being poked into his throat just above your collar bone. It depends on how far you will go & dirty fighting.
No such thing as dirty fighting in my book, in it to win it.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
On a serious Note... Do they teach savate in the LĆ©gion?

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States

If someone have video of technique which is effective and different from what I'm seeing I'll be glad to look at and to change my opinion on Krav Maga if it's convincing. Until that ... sorry

As I said there is other techniques taught even worse than mentioned. Thank god that today more likely than not soldiers would never have need for any of that (except in the bar :)).
During my 20 years in the Marine Corps we went through several hand to hand combat methods and techniques. Started off with what we called Chokes and Throws, then Line training (Segal type), and then MCMAP, Marine Corps Martial Arts Training. I ended up as a Green Belt. Of the various training, I liked the Line Training the best.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
I have taught and engrained in my kids the acronym, S.T.B. Sternum, Throat, and smash the back of their head, base of the neck with a closed fist hammer. Bully done in very quick fashion.

OP
dusaboss

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
During my 20 years in the Marine Corps we went through several hand to hand combat methods and techniques. Started off with what we called Chokes and Throws, then Line training (Segal type), and then MCMAP, Marine Corps Martial Arts Training. I ended up as a Green Belt. Of the various training, I liked the Line Training the best.
Watched line up training video. It would work, but only if you have partner who are willing to cooperate.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Watched line up training video. It would work, but only if you have partner who are willing to cooperate.
yes but you know they have to train in a controlled way otherwise youĀ“ll hurt someone. some of the Aikido throws for example you have to let him take the fall. some of the wrist locks, elbow locks do work.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
this was my boyhood hero Neil Adams .. first to beat the Japanese & take Gold. He wrote an excellent book on armlocks. watch how he got him into the position...

Most viewed threads of the week