Medical - Flat Feet

Hex

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Romania
I searched the whole web the past days on this topic and I have only found conflicting results.
Will I be rejected with flat feet? Some said yes, some no, and some said it's up to the doc if he is in a good mood.
French and Physical training goes well, but this the thing I am most afraid of.

I would like answers from Greens with experience,

Thanks

GuidoLovarini

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Scotland
I think you might be rejected mate i know they check for it.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Think only a person with flat feet could answer that, but that said an educated guess would be no and an uneducated guess would be no as not hard to see a person walking strange on a high street that’s got them! Or are you just having a laugh posting this question? And me being foolish giving you my time of day!

OP
H

Hex

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Romania
Think only a person with flat feet could answer that, but that said an educated guess would be no and an uneducated guess would be no as not hard to see a person walking strange on a high street that’s got them! Or are you just having a laugh posting this question? And me being foolish giving you my time of day!
This is the only thing I am afraid of.I would not post this as a troll question
I posted a pic

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Looking like that, i doubt it
Try flexing your feet to give some arch and hold the position as long as you can. .it's a life long exercise
Buy your self some decent shoes

analog

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Australia
Maybe someone who has gone through the process recently can say whether they still check for this? I read somewhere that the US military doesn't disqualify flat feet, so long as it doesn't affect your ability to walk etc., and I know this is true for the Australian Army. In Mark Donaldson's bio (An Australian SAS man who won a Victoria Cross in Afghanistan) he mentions having flat feet. Hopefully la Legion might see things the same way...

analog

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Australia
Also, there's some anecdotal evidence on the internet that walking running barefoot, or in those minimalist shoes that simulate going barefoot, can help raise your arches, particularly if you're still young.

Like I said, it's all anecdotal, but since you'll be doing a lot of running anyway as you prepare for selection, you might as well give it a go.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
I enlisted one young man in the Marine corps and I slid him past the Dr. with Flat Feet, pure dumb luck, he never made it past boot camp. All of the running, standing, and force marches will destroy what you have left and eventually it will catch up. Sorry.

Most viewed threads of the week