a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Medical Question - He made it !

Celestin

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
Hello guys, I've been to Aubagne, everything was good, I passed the psycho-techniques tests but at the medicals the doctor found out that I have proteinuria, but that was surely due to my protein supplements consumption before I for to the Legion. The doctor sent me in town to do EKG echography urine test for 24h and blood test. The Aubagne hospital sent me to Lavéran in Marseille and they told me I have to wait 10 days. I had no money left so I am back in my country now after a long park sleeping holiday. The only problem I am concerned about is my heart murmur (first degree, nothing bad), I did an EKG in my country after I returned and the doctor said it's not a problem and I can do sports or anything. I heard there were people accepted with heart murmurs, if is anyone here which can help me with some info, like somebody accepted with heart murmur in the Legion I would be grateful to hear his story.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys, I've been to Aubagne, everything was good, I passed the psycho-techniques tests but at the medicals the doctor found out that I have proteinuria, but that was surely due to my protein supplements consumption before I for to the Legion. (...)
I think you've highlighted the stupidity of taking supplements and one of the many consequences , I appreciate you may have taken them to improve your health but clearly they didn't and they never do. There's always a price to be paid.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Creatine is another subject of debate. As long as you are taking a good tested Brand of protein and don't take over the healthy intake there will be no kidney Problems. A couple of untested Brands on the internet were thought to be containing substances thought to be harmful. We sell it over the counterand it's good quality products. Tested.

What is creatine? Is it safe?
Creatine is a substance found naturally in the body and is believed to help supply energy to muscles and nerve cells. When taken as a supplement, creatine is believed to help muscles recover faster during exercises that use short bursts of energy like sprinting and weight lifting. It also may reduce the amount of lactic acid (the stuff that makes you feel tired) produced during exercise.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Having too much protein will show up in your P$ss test before it even gets to the doctor. You are not going in for a body building competition, keep off all the supplements and the weight gaining milk shakes and the liver tablets and whatever. If you are serious about getting than take my advice leave it alone.
Once you are in your regiment that is a different matter as long as it's legal.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Having too much protein will show up in your P$ss test before it even gets to the doctor. You are not going in for a body building competition, keep off all the supplements and the weight gaining milk shakes and the liver tablets and whatever. If you are serious about getting than take my advice leave it alone.
Once you are in your regiment that is a different matter as long as it's legal.
Correct Joe, but let's not go down the road here saying protein shakes are steroids. Geeze half the studio are on it... It's a supplement! 😉

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Correct Joe, but let's not go down the road here saying protein shakes are steroids. Geeze half the studio are on it... It's a supplement! 😉
Only you suggested protein is a steroid. We all know you like to pedal your dangerous quasi-science regarding body building, fortunately most people are aware that in general body builders are generally quite unhealthy, so discussing it on this forum is completely irrelevant to getting into the Legion. As has been said before anyone trying to get into the Legion should train hard and be on a fresh food healthy diet.

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
My only suplements are beer, wine and whisky (with the odd cognat now and then). This is somethings I can greatly recommend. It saw me through five years of the Algerian war, and still is keeping me strong now in my 80th year! Just give it a go and drop all that chemical stuff, is my advice. Smoking Gauloise or Troupe cigarets might help as well.

Attachments

• 1FFEC19C-D64E-4CC1-994E-942697FE13C8.gif
    1FFEC19C-D64E-4CC1-994E-942697FE13C8.gif
    29 KB · Views: 0
  • 68D6A845-91B0-4E2C-8F93-8B2A41F69A9E.gif
    68D6A845-91B0-4E2C-8F93-8B2A41F69A9E.gif
    38.6 KB · Views: 0

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Hello guys, I've been to Aubagne, everything was good, I passed the psycho-techniques tests but at the medicals the doctor found out that I have proteinuria, but that was surely due to my protein supplements consumption before I for to the Legion. (...)
That is not from protein supplements, it's not the way it works. If you take too much protein you wouldn't piss out excess. Your body would use it for energy, transform it to fat or you will just dump it out on rear end. It would not show in your urine!
I don't know if you took some other shit that can cause proteinuria, but protein powder can't do that. Check that back home again and if you still have it you need to go to further testing. It's usually sing that your kidneys don't work as they should.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Only you suggested protein is a steroid. We all know you like to pedal your dangerous quasi-science regarding body building, fortunately most people are aware that in general body builders are generally quite unhealthy, so discussing it on this forum is completely irrelevant to getting into the Legion. As has been said before anyone trying to get into the Legion should train hard and be on a fresh food healthy diet.
You get your protein from sheeps c@me we know that. 😆
“pedal your dangerous quasi-science regarding body building”... Where have i promoted steroid use on here?

That is not from protein supplements, it's not the way it works. If you take too much protein you wouldn't piss out excess. Your body would use it for energy, transform it to fat or you will just dump it out on rear end. It would not show in your urine!
I don't know if you took some other shit that can cause proteinuria, but protein powder can't do that. Check that back home again and if you still have it you need to go to further testing. It's usually sing that your kidneys don't work as they should.
Thank you. Also should be pointed out that even normal non bodybuilder types use supplements, housewives who do spnning classes, etc. Next thing goat boy will tell us not to drink coffee as it's a stimulant 😂

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I can tell you now, one of the things that the urine dipstick tests for is protein in your urine.

What can be detected in a urine test?
Persistent protein in the urine (two positive tests for protein over several weeks) is one of the earliest signs of chronic kidney disease. A large amount of glucose in theurine is a sign of potential diabetes. Urine tests can be used to diagnose urinary tract infections, if bacteria or white blood cells are found.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
I can tell you now, one of the things that the urine dipstick tests for is protein in your urine. (...)
Protein is definitely detected by the usual urine test, but I think that what Dusaboss meant (correct me if I'm wrong) is that if protein is detected in your urine, that's not due to the take of protein supplements. I have no clue whether this is true or not.
Having said that, again, let's remind everybody that nobody on this board is a doctor (except the webmaster, btw, but that's another story), let alone a Legion doctor. So, many things being said are, at best, (more or less) educated guesses. Everybody keep this in mind.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
That's right Rapace. Probably, there is way to increase your urine proteins by drinking protein powders, but you have to drink some insane amounts of it ... like 20 times more than recommended. So of are friend did that, he is not for legion anyway.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
This Guy knows his sh1t. wrote with him a couple of times. Jerry was on Venice Beach with Zane, Arnold..etc. Good Guy to ask questions.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
however i think Joe gave the best advice do not do anything other than eat normal food and train.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
"Slim is trim"
Post Shitum : do not make obsessions into addictions
Post Shitum extra : except Kronenbourg ...you heard it hear first, Wimps