a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Medical Selection Question

Titan0117

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hello! Thank you for the opportunity to ask questions!

I have researched the Legion for the past 5 months or so and decided to start training about 6 weeks ago. I am basically doing a "fighters" training camp. I have hired a nutritionist, running and lifting coaches, and am progressing very well. I have given myself until the first part of March to get my affairs in order before I go to France.

I broke my ankle on 1999 and collar bone in 2004, both required surgery and the hardware is still in place. Both injuries occurred BEFORE I joined the US Army, and while I served, neither caused any issues whatsoever, even as I went through Airborne and Ranger School.

My question is for those whom have worked in the selection process... Am I going to be dismissed for the simple fact that I have hardware still in place? This is my only concern in this whole venture. I am very confident that I will be able to crush the physical testing, I just need to have the opportunity to preform.

Thank you all in advance for your advice and help.

-M

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Hello! Thank you for the opportunity to ask questions!

I have researched the Legion for the past 5 months or so and decided to start training about 6 weeks ago. I am basically doing a "fighters" training camp. I have hired a nutritionist, running and lifting coaches, and am progressing very well. I have given myself until the first part of March to get my affairs in order before I go to France.

I broke my ankle on 1999 and collar bone in 2004, both required surgery and the hardware is still in place. Both injuries occurred BEFORE I joined the US Army, and while I served, neither caused any issues whatsoever, even as I went through Airborne and Ranger School.

My question is for those whom have worked in the selection process... Am I going to be dismissed for the simple fact that I have hardware still in place? This is my only concern in this whole venture. I am very confident that I will be able to crush the physical testing, I just need to have the opportunity to preform.

Thank you all in advance for your advice and help.

-M

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

If you have any metallic part (and probably any other "hardware") in your body, you will be automatically rejected at selection, as far as I know !

Stay in the US Army since they accept you as such

Fin109

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Ah... That's sucks. I've heard the same thing as Loustic. I'm not sure how all that stuff works... I just now read that people have gotten the metal out of breaks, specifically collar bones. You will require a surgeon and I'm not sure about your specific position, but I'd do some research on getting it out.

MadMaggot

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Ah... That's sucks. I've heard the same thing as Loustic. I'm not sure how all that stuff works... I just now read that people have gotten the metal out of breaks, specifically collar bones. You will require a surgeon and I'm not sure about your specific position, but I'd do some research on getting it out.
Is it true that if you had knee surgery that they automatically kick you from selection even if you are able to preform a 100%

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Is it true that if you had knee surgery that they automatically kick you from selection even if you are able to preform a 100%

YES, the most you can hope to do is "reserve"

MadMaggot

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
That's crazy just asking because I was looking at some other stuff on line and that struck me as harsh but it is what it is