a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QUESTION Medical

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I went to get a physical cause I have this lump on my abdomen. My doctor told me that its call a lipoma. He told me it's just a build up of fatty tissue much like a cyst. Anyone that would know about medical be able to help me if this will get me disqualified. This is what google says a lipoma is.. A lipoma is a lumps of fatty tissue that grows just under the skin. Lipomas move easily when you touch them and feel rubbery, not hard. Most lipomas aren't painful and don't cause health problems so they rarely need treatment. If a lipoma is bothering you, your provider can remove it.

Any advise is helpful thank you in advance.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I went to get a physical cause I have this lump on my abdomen. My doctor told me that its call a lipoma. He told me it's just a build up of fatty tissue much like a cyst. Anyone that would know about medical be able to help me if this will get me disqualified. This is what google says a lipoma is.. A lipoma is a lumps of fatty tissue that grows just under the skin. Lipomas move easily when you touch them and feel rubbery, not hard. Most lipomas aren't painful and don't cause health problems so they rarely need treatment. If a lipoma is bothering you, your provider can remove it.

Any advise is helpful thank you in advance.
Hello, I’m guessing you think this is a form for Legion Doctors, quite the opposite we’re just a few ex Legionnaires with some fine none Legion guys that just share different information, occasionally a guy might ask general questions about sandals, oils but don’t think anyone on here would be bold enough to diagnose you let alone verify if you are suitable Legion material. Me I would say why take the risk the next 9 guys are fit and healthy!

Gallowglass

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland
First up, well done for going for to see your doctor, most guys (myself included) are crap when it comes regular medical check-ups. My advice would be to follow your doctor's advice. If he said don't worry, it's nothing then you should be fine. If he offered to remove it for your peace of mind and you want it removed then go ahead and take your doctor up on his offer. I'm pretty sure the Legion doctors know what a lipoma is, you might have more difficulty explaining the recent surgical scar on your abdomen.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Ok cool ya he said he wouldn't worry about it there common just wanted some advice from the community get different opinions b4 I spend 600 bucks on a plane ticket. Thanks GallowGlass

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Do not try an expensive attempt...if you are going to be rejected for a queerible condition, honey buns !

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Ok cool ya he said he wouldn't worry about it there common just wanted some advice from the community get different opinions b4 I spend 600 bucks on a plane ticket. Thanks GallowGlass
Does that $600 include return?
Get it removed and make sure that you keep all the doctors papers, including the initial visit.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
It is a fairly common condition, I have two in my neck for over 20 years and know others who have them.
I suppose any physician would know it is a benign tissue.
Definitely something I would not bother to have it removed.
BTW, so far they never got larger in size.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
The Légion carries nae burdens nowadays...a simple (expensive) IRM, will tell (more sophistiqué than before)
Adds: any physical...problème (s)
Forget it (the Légion)