Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka

Home Country
Australia
Good book. It's basically about an average family man who suddenly wakes up as a giant cockroach. His first thought after he realises what happened to him is how would he get to work like this, since he is the breadwinner. His family tries to hide him from the public. Deep story, metaphorical.

I'm sure a lot of people can relate to this book in one way or another.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Home Country
New Zealand
Good book. It's basically about an average family man who suddenly wakes up as a giant cockroach.

:eek: Spare us the thought of waking up as a giant cockroach.

But seriously I haven't gotten round to reading it yet. Although I do remember a film called the water melon man. It's about a racist who hates blacks, he doesn't wake up as a giant cockroach but as a black man.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Home Country
New Zealand
The water melon man is a bit of an edgy title for such a film eh? Haha

Joe i have messaged you.
It's a bit like one of Russel Peter's joke about the time he comes across a black woman in China. He say's she is one of the few black people to come to (that city) in China and ends up in the KFC.
All stereo type stuff.
Guido, I got your PM.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Good book. It's basically about an average family man who suddenly wakes up as a giant cockroach. His first thought after he realises what happened to him is how would he get to work like this, since he is the breadwinner. His family tries to hide him from the public. Deep story, metaphorical.

I'm not relating with it. Do you? How did you understand The Metamorphosis?

Home Country
Australia
I'm not relating with it. Do you? How did you understand The Metamorphosis?
Sometimes you feel like a burden to your family, adjusting to events that we're an suspected and the hardships that go with it. Sometimes you may feel isolated or even alienated. It gives a sense of loneliness. Truly an interesting read.

Most viewed threads of the week