a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mile times for Legion.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Fairly straight forward question, What should your five km time be by the time you knock on La Legion's doors. Or it's of no concern as long as 'your heart is pounding in your ears and sweat dripping'. I understand luc leger is about a mile and a half in twelve minutes. More or less asking for boot camp times to be competitive.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Legiion, you are getting the Cooper test mixed up with the Luc Leger.

You've got an example on the 1 minute 20 mark.

nothing better to do cropped.png to be watched on youtube.
(is it worth the effort ?)
A good question.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Legiion, even if you don't watch the video: 1 mile= 1.6 Km or 8/5. Multiply by 8 then divide by 5
1 Km = Travel is a word (you'll understand if you watch the video) or 0.6214 of a mile or 5/8. Multiply by 5 then divide by 8

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Thanks Joseph, trying to watch the video but the slides are blurry on my computer for some reason.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Thanks Joseph, trying to watch the video but the slides are blurry on my computer for some reason.
Sorry about the music, I had put on Beethoven's No 3 Symphony but then got a copyright infringement warning from some orchestra's publisher minutes after I published it.
I mean WTF, who hasn't played Beethoven? I had deliberately gone out of my way to get the music from a source with no royalties. So in the end I changed it to some random youtube (free) stuff.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hi Legiion, even if you don't watch the video: 1 mile= 1.6 Km or 8/5. Multiply by 8 then divide by 5
1 Km = Travel is a word (you'll understand if you watch the video) or 0.6214 of a mile or 5/8. Multiply by 5 then divide by 8
Thats looks complicated , just multiply the mileage by 1.6 = KMs or if you want to convert km`s to miles simply multiply the number of kilometres by 0.62137 or to simplify 0.6 and you`ll have the mileage.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Fiji
luc leger is about a mile and a half in twelve minutes. More or less asking for boot camp times to be competitive.
suggest you concentrate on the Luc leger test. go to a running track mark out the distance. good apps on the web to let you know where you should be at.
Once you´re in they will get you fit.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
suggest you concentrate on the Luc leger test. go to a running track mark out the distance. good apps on the web to let you know where you should be at.
Once you´re in they will get you fit.
That`s not how it works , you need to be fit to get in , stop making up crap that could lead to someone's refusal, the required fitness levels are easily found.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Fiji
stop making up crap that could lead to someone's refusal, the required fitness levels are easily found.
well actually the advices are coming from Ex Adjutant Thomas Gast. so yes must be "crap"(he says @ 2:20 to google it for an example, hence why i advised an App to create your own test accuratly.
I think his goal should be to get above the minimum of Level 7. This then is proof for the Legion he is top fit. Nothing wrong with distance running too but this Bleep test is the meat & bones of their assesment, running at least.

from the Legion itself

Most viewed threads of the week