a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minimalist running

Hitsuji

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Slovenia
I almost chocked when I saw them haha, I thought those socks with fingers where bad ... The best way to run is berfooted like those runing people from Mexiko that run 700 km in 2 days terahumana or something. Otherwise just get normal comfortable shoes, I god new ones just for running and I have no problems with shinsplints etc since.

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
I'd never wear them on a scale A PT parade but I do use those Vibrams to run with. Easy to slag off but it does make sense. Encourages you to run on the pad rather than the heel of your foot. Which is great if you have old injuries like me.
Plus when you put on your old regular trainers you seem to go a bit faster

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
I'd never wear them on a scale A PT parade but I do use those Vibrams to run with. Easy to slag off but it does make sense. Encourages you to run on the pad rather than the heel of your foot. Which is great if you have old injuries like me.
Plus when you put on your old regular trainers you seem to go a bit faster

i've also never ran further than four miles in them, might be an issue if you pound along in them for ages

_Tully

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Minimal running shoes are hugely popular in the American Special Operations community as well as the Contractor community, and fairly popular amongst Marines.

Vibram 5 Fingers are obviously the most popular, but more people are switching to more 'normal' looking shoes that provide the same benifits as 5 fingers without the toe look.

I use Inov-8 155's ( yes bright ass yellow is the only color they come in, haha)

Inov-8-Road-X-Lite-155-500x388.png

Another popular shoe is the New balance Minimus, it seems very good though I've never tried them personally (I know a lot of guys that love them though).

IMG_1215.JPG

The Merrel Trail-Glove is another that is popular amongst the community (Merrel in general, shirts pants etc. are popular amongst the community)

Merrell%20Trail%20Glove%20-%20Side_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg