a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QUESTION Missing two fingers

Stanley2000

Reaction score
Home Country
Poland
Hello, I am a 19 year old male. I am here to ask to if I will get disqualified because of my medical condition. I am missing an index and a pinky in my right hand. I would like to state that I am able to do anything (eg. rock climbing, lifting). I was born with it, no accident.

However, on the website it says “loss of a finger” ==> example of inaptitude. So should I give it a try or is it clearly stating I am not allowed to join? Thank you

GuidoLovarini

Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
I woukd think it would disqualify you butttt there is only one way to find out and that is to turn up and see what they say.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
How will you beable to fire a weapon if you are right handed ? Or are you left?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
This is a wind up, so I stick 2 fingers up to you so you can jog on buddy, and will ignore future content on this topic.
Of course it's a wind up. Until he can show us a photo, I won't waste my time.

Stanley2000

Reaction score
Home Country
Poland
Of course it's a wind up. Until he can show us a photo, I won't waste my time.
Hello, I am a 19 year old male. I am here to ask to if I will get disqualified because of my medical condition. I am missing an index and a pinky in my right hand. I would like to state that I am able to do anything (eg. rock climbing, lifting). I was born with it, no accident.

However, on the website it says “loss of a finger” ==> example of inaptitude. So should I give it a try or is it clearly stating I am not allowed to join? Thank you

Attachments

• 4D4BEF27-E93E-44D0-8549-286CB72C9979.jpeg
    4D4BEF27-E93E-44D0-8549-286CB72C9979.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Forget the Legion or military mate, I dont think you will pass any medical for any military. Unfortunately thats the reality of the situation.
Yes.. Agree with you. He could maybe Send pictures to them asking. Save a journey. However doubt He has any chance.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I`s say you have zero chance of getting in the Legion , if you got into any military it would most likely be in a clerical role, your only other option maybe to pay and get trained in close protection and the likes and try to find work in that field , or maybe go to Israel and do national service if they`ll accept you .

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
You are born that way? As everyone told you, you can't join any "normal" army. Only way for you is if some nasty war breaks out and everyone is in dire need for men. Otherwise look for another option.

Yes, legion takes all kinds of men, but they are usually tolerant to some of mental disabilities and deviations (gonna be hated for this one. :)). Physically you have to be good. Not perfect, but good.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
On a positive Note... Those two Fingers look big bro might be a dab Hand with the chicks.. Nö pun intended 😆