a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Motivation interview

Reaction score
Home Country
Iran
Hi, when you are interviewed, what is the purpose of joining the Legion? It is better to give a response. Please answer the example

Celestin

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
There are plenty of discussions about that on this forum, use the 'Search' button and don't make anybody lose his time by replying over and over the same thing.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I'd assume if you don't answer you'll be told to fcuk off, it stands to reason you should explain your true reasons for wanting to join, the DS will then know if the Legion will suit you, making up bullsh*t can only lead to disappointment and failure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Look the Cpl Chef Direct in the Eye.. Tell him you're a Kickboxer & want action. You want to go to the jungle. Eat Bugs, Turtles & snakes. Rambo, first blood was your Motivation.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
LOL... But seriously they must hear some funny Stories..
You joke we had a guy come on the forum once saying how he was some Krav Maga expert and how he wanted to join the Legion to get real combat experience and get real world practice of the trade! I still don't know if he was trolling or serious, I'm still embarrassed to say was a South African.

My memory is a bit blurry but his thread was "Joining the Legion for Combat experience." Or something along those lines.

Edit: Here's the thread.
https://cervens.net/forum/index.php?threads/joining-the-foreign-legion-for-combat-experience.21519/

Forgot the part where he claimed to be 3rd in the world with Kick Boxing!

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
You joke we had a guy come on the forum once saying how he was some Krav Maga expert and how he wanted to join the Legion to get real combat experience and get real world practice of the trade! I still don't know if he was trolling or serious, I'm still embarrassed to say was a South African.

My memory is a bit blurry but his thread was "Joining the Legion for Combat experience." Or something along those lines.
haha... i bet he was sent to Adj Chef Lopez in the jungle. got his action....:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Aghil,
Quite simple say you want to be Rambo.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Aghil,
Quite simple say you want to be Rambo.
buy a para/sas smock off e-bay....:D talking of which i remember some guys used to buy these & wear them out in the field. I never bothered i always just wore a standard combat jacket. You got these guys who bought all the goochy kit. thought they were rambo. The funny part was the BSM, Battery Sgt Maj wore one & banned everyone else from wearing one. :D:D

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Look the Cpl Chef Direct in the Eye.. Tell him you're a Kickboxer & want action. You want to go to the jungle. Eat Bugs, Turtles & snakes. Rambo, first blood was your Motivation.
And say you want to whip Jean-Claude Van Damme's a$$.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
remember when i was joining the British Army i had an interview with a Captain, can´t remember what cap badge he was... he asked me, so do you go running? yes sir i said 3/4 times a week.... he looked at me & smiled thinking to himself, yeah sure you do boy... point is you got the "tick in the box". also asked about my tattoos which i got done when i was about 16, were you 18 when you got these?... of course sir was my reply..(i just turned 18 at the time) i mean they are not stupid. I would just keep it simple not talk too much in an interview at the Legion.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Welcome Aghil, motivation is a personel thing. Yours might be that you are a political refugee, you can't go back to Iran (without risking serious sanctions).
Tell the Legion, you want to earn your képi and not just be another refugee
Be as fit as you can, start learning basic French.

Be careful what you ask and reply on here
You never know who is reading or answering. Ignore the rest.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
make sure you do planning & preparation. Get a room to sleep overnight so you are fresh for knocking on their door. clean shaven & showered. Do not sleep on the street like a bum. you will look like a tramp when you turn up. common sense really but you would be surprised.:)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
buy a para/sas smock off e-bay....:D talking of which i remember some guys used to buy these & wear them out in the field. I never bothered i always just wore a standard combat jacket. You got these guys who bought all the goochy kit. thought they were rambo. The funny part was the BSM, Battery Sgt Maj wore one & banned everyone else from wearing one. :D:D
Survival aids was the in catalog at the time.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
make sure you do planning & preparation. Get a room to sleep overnight so you are fresh for knocking on their door. clean shaven & showered. Do not sleep on the street like a bum. you will look like a tramp when you turn up. common sense really but you would be surprised.:)
Which just goes to say why I (Mr Ball Buster) suggests that you give a little more introduction about yourself rather than just Hi and I want to know...
Yes, our friend Aghil is originally from Iran, however he is living in Europe and wants to be a secretary in the legion.
True Aghil or not?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

Edit: Here's the thread.
https://cervens.net/forum/index.php?threads/joining-the-foreign-legion-for-combat-experience.21519/

Forgot the part where he claimed to be 3rd in the world with Kick Boxing!
I just checked my replies to that post :sneaky:. Oh well, even if I edit them, they're still there:ROFLMAO: !