My first week in Aubagne

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Norway
Yup, I was proud to wear that jump wing as well. But, bythe way, buffalos are Asian animals. The northern American animals are bisons. (just to be a bit contrary) It’s a bit like saying you are an African tiger, I think.

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Norway
Bison Bill dont sound right :)
I know, I know, but Bangladeshi lion, for instance, doesn’t sound quite right either, or Skippy the groundhog day?. But I was just making a point. Getting the old bison up there with the best of those animals! Yeah, Bisons, Bisons, yeah !!! MBGA ( Make Bisons Great Again) Red caps only.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Greetings and salutations,
What's up everyone, reporting live from 2e REP. I only have my phone for a few minutes. I start FTS tomorrow morning after my 8 kil ruck run. I'll be out of contact for another 3 weeks afterwards I'll fill you in on my adventures. Thanks for inquiring about me, I'm so proud to be able to wear my jump wings on my uniform. I got to go right now I talk again soon.
Cheers,
B. B. CODY
Rock f**king steady, man. And you got airborne wings? I'll drink to that.

Done. I'll see you there when I get my kepi and buy you a beer. Bonne chance.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
you know what Mark i would love to see dusa make it.. i believe his heart is into the REP but he needs to click mentally. It´s in his head..he needs to get that discipline
I agree. Dusa, I will be in a very foul mood when I get there and don't have you around to drink with. Let's go!

Spectrely

Pro Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Kick a$$ my friend. You should be in as we speak!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
South Africa
Hey guys, correct me if I am wrong, am I correct in saying that he is in 2 rep but he is still doing his training so he isn't living like normal inside the regiment yet, he is like in a introduction phase as well as training? Must say this thread is very interesting and informative. Happy he got in. It seems a person is a but lucky to get in these days. But can truly say as we only see or hear of tiny proportions of potential recruits

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
South Africa
FTS is specific regimental training before you get assigned to your exact unit within the regiment. Anywhere from 4-6 weeks.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
South Africa
OK cool thanks for the info. I'm looking for info on the different regiments so I have an idea of what direction I will take if I get selected and can choose a reg to start in. I'm committed to 10 years service at least. Structuring a path before hand would be nice. Knowing it's likely to have deviations in them, anything can happen. But a goal is a good thing to have

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
OK cool thanks for the info. I'm looking for info on the different regiments so I have an idea of what direction I will take if I get selected and can choose a reg to start in. I'm committed to 10 years service at least. Structuring a path before hand would be nice. Knowing it's likely to have deviations in them, anything can happen. But a goal is a good thing to have
what i would have joined. cream of the crop.
Q002 I, BERET 1 REC.JPG

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
South Africa
I have a picture of my grandfather's, he and his wife were both native French people. I know he spent alot of time in Algeria but never spoke much of his time there just stated that he wish he never left, he served around 10 years as well. I'll see if I can upload the Pic from my phone

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
South Africa
That is all he had with him here in South africa. Everything else is still kept by family in France. Will go through it one day when on leave. Would love to know more about his time there

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
South Africa
My grandfather was also a para. I'm trying to get info from his family there but since he left France there was tentions, so I have to warm them up to me before they open up. But I will get something hopefully. And if I'm lucky enough I will earn a honorable life of service to

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
That is all he had with him here in South africa. Everything else is still kept by family in France. Will go through it one day when on leave. Would love to know more about his time there
yeah..go man. do it. maybe REP para.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
South Africa
I see that different regiments have their own Para groups so not sure what path to take. I'm hoping by the time my 4 month is up they will have given enough info to make a good choice

Most viewed threads of the week