a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first week in Aubagne

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Which reminds me, we still haven't heard anything from BBCody, No news in this case is good news.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Greetings and salutations,
What's up everyone, reporting live from 2e REP. I only have my phone for a few minutes. I start FTS tomorrow morning after my 8 kil ruck run. I'll be out of contact for another 3 weeks afterwards I'll fill you in on my adventures. Thanks for inquiring about me, I'm so proud to be able to wear my jump wings on my uniform. I got to go right now I talk again soon.
Cheers,
B. B. CODY

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
What's up everyone, reporting live from 2e REP. I only have my phone for a few minutes. I start FTS tomorrow morning after my 8 kil ruck run. I'll be out of contact for another 3 weeks afterwards I'll fill you in on my adventures. Thanks for inquiring about me, I'm so proud to be able to wear my jump wings on my uniform. I got to go right now I talk again soon.
Cheers,
B. B. CODY
Glad that you made it. Bit Jealous, but still glad.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Well done mate. Anyone who has any questions about joining should look through BBCody's earlier posts concerning age and hiccups with the law.
Not only has he made it, he's made it to the REP.
Absolutely. It is a motivation to hear he''s in considering his circumstances, specifically the age factor!

It's awesome to be able to receive info and updates from people on this forum.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Cheers,
B. B. CODY
Hit me a PM bro, got a mate in 5th Company, he can help out if you keen!

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Cheers,
B. B. CODY
Congratulations my man, job well done. Do your best, understand the mundane tasks have a purpose, and one day you will be past the one picked for corvée, etc.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Apparently this is something that happens when someone is very fit, the machine gives false readings. So I go to a hotel for the evening, and today I went and stumbled around the military hospital in Marseille to get my heart checked.
You are right about this. A Bosnian guy had same issue. Unfortunately he didn't have money for hospital so he went home. Don't know what happened to home. Last time we heard from him he was going for a third attempt. We haven't heard from him since then.

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Cheers,
B. B. CODY
Well done! Keep us all informed.

Glad that you u made it. Bit jealous, but still glad.
Jealous? You are still young enough to make a go of it dusa!

Hit me a PM bro, got a mate in 5th Company, he can help out if you keen!
I’m sure they will meet in the foyer! 🍻

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I simply congratulate Buffalo Bill Cody. Well done indeed.(y)

At my age I am not jealous and simply wish all aspirants well. Jealousy does not enter the picture.

After all I did it my way and it was extremely hard. :D

However my respect for the Foreign Legion endures.

Chas. Trained by former WW2 Commandos.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
(...) At my age I am not jealous and simply wish all aspirants well. Jealousy does not enter the picture. (...)
Me too. I'm also glad when do someone from here get in, but there is little bit healthy jealousy. Mixed feelings.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Me too. I'm also glad when do someone from here get in, but there is little bit healthy jealousy. Mixed feelings.
I know what you mean by jealous, not like you're mad he got in and you're not...like you want to be in his position right now! Like right now! Haha
Stay driven man, the power of thought can do great things, we fix our thoughts on the things we want to manifest, we are the sum of our thoughts, I'm not speaking magic, I'm talking being driven and consumed with something so much that it is the majority of what you think about... I hope to see you get that Képi Blanc Dusa!