My intro

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Australia
Hi
Just thought i should do the proper thing and give a little intro and background.

Going to try and join up in about 10 weeks.

22 yrs old , Australia
Cant join up in my country..... I have a criminal record. (50% being an idiot and 50% wrong place, wrong time).

Wanted to join up at 18 yrs old. Family/friends pushed me to get a trade. So i thought i would get a trade. I did my Apprenticeship as a Fitter/Turner (Millwright). After that I was going to join up. In that time got a criminal record.

When I was a child I did Army cadets and really enjoyed it. I was quite good at it too.
It was situated on a large Army base and we were taught by Soldiers and Ex soldiers and had use of all the base facilities/equipment.

I want to join the legion becuase I want military life and I have been good at learning and doing the things required.
I have no family anymore, becuase they are all drug taking/alcoholics. I havent seen them in years. I have no girlfriend and no interest in that (women tend to piss me off). Good level of fitness and no health issues. I would like to get away from Australia too and see somewhere different.
For me I felt like the military just works for me. Its hard to describe but just working alot, I like it. Little things I like/are satisfying like; cleaning your kit, ironing, prepping Ceremonial dress, general barracks dress is nice and comfortable, learning stuff like NAV, fieldcraft, etc; I like Mess food, I like cleaning and maintaning equipment and so on.

It just works for me and I can do it?
Everything I learned I could understand and apply what I knew.

I have some questions I will ask, but most things I have gathered through reading.

Feel free to comment on what you think of me/ my appearance.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Hi and welcome Go for it but dont mention your family's drugs issues. Tell the Legion your family are alcholics, if you feel you need to, and you were placed at the public assistance because of parentale educational neglect
All the best

Pink Floyd

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Australia
Hello fellow Aussie, at 22 the world is your oyster. Don't stuff about questioning yourself whether its the right thing to do. From the sound of your intro, you haven't got much to keep you in Australia. Be reasonably fit, and try and learn some basic french. As le petit said, no need to tell the Legion about your dysfunctional family. As for the police record? If its only minor offences you will be ok. Remember this...Passport will be the first word that will be thrown at you when you show up at the front gate. Interpol will check you out with our federal police. I have sent you a private message.

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Alright 120 108 and welcome to the forum. Pink Floyd says he has sent you a PM, take note of what he's got to say. Is there any other name that we might refer to you as? 120 108 sounds more like Voltigeur's or Jonny's matricule :ROFLMAO:.
Ten weeks to go? We should be talking about 7 weeks of intensive training, 1 week of light training and then 1 week of normal training. That gives you the last week to get yourself mentally ready.
Get yourself a basic learning French (pocket size) and start learning. This is (in my humble opinion) a must for taking with you. It shows the 'gestapo' that you are keen.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom

Welcome to the forum. Take note from those in Green. Don't be afraid to ask questions as long as they are sensible,

Good luck.

Most viewed threads of the week