a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my little baby...Picanto

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
KIA is South Korean and sister to Hyundai
I had a Jap. ..Toyota Celica Gt 2.0 l, 79 model, lift back. ..I might not have mentioned this before and if i didn't, mes excuses. ..but this dude has class (spread the word)

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
KIA is South Korean and sister to Hyundai
I had a Jap. ..Toyota Celica Gt 2.0 l, 79 model, lift back. ..I might not have mentioned this before and if i didn't, mes excuses. ..but this dude has class (spread the word)
for the Price & it´s a small car you get extras. I only go for Jap Asian cars now. I had a Peugeot Quick silver 206 which was not bad. I don´t really drive that much These Days. Go to work on my bike. walk around a lot too. Only Need a small car for around town Shopping ..etc.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
would love to have an ex Army Jeep though… Put a Mattress in the back... HAHAHA

GSP

Reaction score
Home Country
Argentina
Congrats!, i do agree. Asian cars are the best bang for the buck. My mother used to have a 207 Plus (206 with different headlights), not bad car but, i insisted till she got an Asian car(Toyota Yaris).
That picanto, with the proper care you can get 400.000 km before you have to do any serious repair. But if you don't drive a lot, you are not going to keep it for that long.
I always had Asian vehicles, never a brand new one though, but used one. They never let me down

Clipboard01.jpg

Not very fast, solid axles which meant not a very nice ride, it wasted 1 liter of motor oil every 1000 km.
Two months before i came to Europe, i took a 3 week vacations with a few friends. 1231231231231.jpg
Took the trip with a 20 lts can of motor oil and a hand pump xD.

I had to let it go, before i came here, sadly thanks to the economy it was getting to expensive to keep... Even if it was a 99 pick up, for the argentinian government it was a "luxury vehicle"..........................

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Congrats!, i do agree. Asian cars are the best bang for the buck. My mother used to have a 207 Plus (206 with different headlights), not bad car but, i insisted till she got an Asian car(Toyota Yaris).
That picanto, with the proper care you can get 400.000 km before you have to do any serious repair. But if you don't drive a lot, you are not going to keep it for that long.
I always had Asian vehicles, never a brand new one though, but used one. They never let me down

View attachment 3978

Not very fast, solid axles which meant not a very nice ride, it wasted 1 liter of motor oil every 1000 km.
Two months before i came to Europe, i took a 3 week vacations with a few friends. View attachment 3979
Took the trip with a 20 lts can of motor oil and a hand pump xD.

I had to let it go, before i came here, sadly thanks to the economy it was getting to expensive to keep... Even if it was a 99 pick up, for the argentinian government it was a "luxury vehicle"..........................
Nice...quite a trip you did. Maybe one Day i´ll visit Argentina. Of Course i will investigate the Females :p But honestly would love a Jeep. Remember tearing around years ago in a Land rover cross Country. seen a few ex German Army Jeeps flying around here.

GSP

Reaction score
Home Country
Argentina
Nice...quite a trip you did. Maybe one Day i´ll visit Argentina. Of Course i will investigate the Females :p But honestly would love a Jeep. Remember tearing around years ago in a Land rover cross Country. seen a few ex German Army Jeeps flying around here.

Who doesn't want a Land Rover Defender 90? Here they are loved in the South mostly for the mountains but they are pricy as they come. Before gettin the Hilux, there was a guy selling a Santana 109 (Spanish Defender) made in early 80s but it was beated to death...
The cheapest alternative for a 4x4 are the old school Jeeps..
for a 1000 euro
737720_2790967-637-478 (1).jpg

or Banderiante (Toyota Land Cruiser old version) for 3000

2201babdbe96d55c8d82937c1a5a2599.jpg

You should go to Fortaleza, to inspect ladies, with Euros in hand you are a god among mens.

626.jpg

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Who doesn't want a Land Rover Defender 90? Here they are loved in the South mostly for the mountains but they are pricy as they come. Before gettin the Hilux, there was a guy selling a Santana 109 (Spanish Defender) made in early 80s but it was beated to death...
The cheapest alternative for a 4x4 are the old school Jeeps..
for a 1000 euro
View attachment 3982

or Banderiante (Toyota Land Cruiser old version) for 3000

View attachment 3983
the first one i like great for ripping around in summer… won´t get a Mattress in the back though ...lol

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
In Honour of the Little car i will leave this cute Korean Girl here…;)