a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My try this Wednesday Aubagne.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Everybody always has had it in for Dusa, at one stage nearly every green on the forum as well as certain blues but veterans of another military was starting a pool of bets for Dusa joining, think he got up to 400 pounds or so...

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
You two bitches have to choose your words very carefully from now on!

Especially you SnafuSmite . I have you as a "friend on FB" and consider you for some sort of a "real friend" until now.

I like to joke. And often do that on someone else's account. But some limits have to exist. And some respect we must have at least to some extent among each other who are regular visitors of this forum.

I can pardon Chas, who can be my grandfather, and Joe who is also older than me and legionar with significant experience, but you two? NO! You are on same level as me and I do not allow to treat me like that.

I think you owe me apologize. If not, and somehow we meet each other, we would have a "talk" about this dispute. It's your call.

Be Well !

Last edited:

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa

Especially you SnafuSmite . I have you as a "friend on FB" and consider you for some sort of a "real friend" until now.

I like to joke. And often do that on someone else's account. But some limits have to exist. And some respect we must have at least to some extent among each other who are regular visitors of this forum.

I can pardon Chas, who can be my grandfather, and Joe who is also older than me and legionar with significant experience, but you two? NO! You are on same level as me and I do not allow to treat me like that.

I think you owe me apologize. If not, and somehow we meet each other, we would have a "talk" about this dispute. It's your call.

Be Well !
WTF Dusa, what did I say there that was wrong, was it not true that a bunch of greens were offering you 50 pounds each if you make it in, Mark Wake and Mick before he jumped ship to name a few, we even made a joke about you buying the whole foyer a round if you made it.

I have never once made a joke at your expense or mocked you besides the bit of banter that we all do at some stage or another. Sure we've had disagreements on certain things but seriously. Maybe you're going through something at the moment which is evident by your outbursts at Rapace and now me? However I dont feel I need to apologize for giving a new member some background into the forum before he starts judging and criticizing.

Catch a wake up and calm the hell down, I think you also need to take a step back and re-evalute when you threaten members on the board, it comes across as petty and generally quite pathetic.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Banter is banter Gentlemen and in the forces banter and black humour are the norm. So : Toute la monde, calmez vous et restez sain et sauf.

And if you wish to abuse me on the forum feel free but remember the adage about sticks and stones. Life is too short for puerile disputes between my grand children ! lol:) Relax and enjoy the forum.

Here endeth the lesson from the grumpy old git !

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Banter is banter Gentlemen and in the forces banter and black humour are the norm. So : Toute la monde, calmez vous et restez sain et sauf.

And if you wish to abuse me on the forum feel free but remember the adage about sticks and stones. Life is too short for puerile disputes between my grand children ! lol:) Relax and enjoy the forum.

Here endeth the lesson from the grumpy old git !
Apologies Uncle Chas😉, I'm sure its just a misunderstanding that will be soon rectified.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

Be Well !
Calm down Dusa will you? I see you got a thumbs down, the equivalent of a dislike in the old days. Missing 'em, eh? Neither Snafu or Geneticcz ( hell he even put a yellow face with a tear in its eye!) said anything bad against you.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Maybe I overreacted little bit, but don't like what I became some kind of joke on forum. I like to joke, and don't have problem to take joke on me, but don't consider me as a joke.

Geneticcz

Reaction score
Home Country
Antarctica
Ohh, really? :) Don't you see that is ironical?

i thought it was sad that u got all upset about a small joke and that u even threaten people online when really nobody has said anything bad about you, in fact i said you always say the truth, i like your posts and you are a good guy.

relax and have some fun and stop insulting/threatening people who are on your side lol

Theuglyfriend

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I’m ok last time I’m checking this board. I didn’t even read all the reply’s to the thread. Thanks for the help to all that did. dusaboss you’re a little *$%@%&* yourself. Out.

Last edited by a moderator:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
i thought it was sad that u got all upset about a small joke and that u even threaten people online when really nobody has said anything bad about you, in fact i said you always say the truth, i like your posts and you are a good guy.

relax and have some fun and stop insulting/threatening people who are on your side lol
I'm not insulting/threatening. Newer did. Someone else do.:rolleyes: .Just got little off the wagon last night. It's fine I'm not happy with why some people treat me on board, but I'm also not much upset .

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I’m ok last time I’m checking this board. I didn’t even read all the reply’s to the thread. Thanks for the help to all that did. dusaboss you’re a little yourself. Out.
I will not fall on your provocation. Tell me that I'm a wrong about your trips in France? You don't have to, but you know I'm telling the truth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
It has to be said that, in our days, you were literally going into the unknown. Perhaps not the unknown, more the little known. I personally did not know if they were still in North Africa or not. I'd read Beau Geste and Legionnaire by Simon Murray and saw the cartoon strips in the papers of beau peep all took place in the desert.

Then one day going back to my commando unit in Arbroath, Scotland after leave after another 4 months in Norway, I said F- it, I'll go and join the FFL. Managed to put up with it for seventeen and a half years without knowing what I was letting myself in for.

Just a foot note, when you signed your contract in those days it was in French. And you did not get a copy of what you just signed.
I forgot that about the contract but your right the little unknown 👍