My visit to France

Rapace

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
France
Hey Pink Floyd, good start. You've got the pitch, just need now to write the screenplay and find the right producer... :)

Rapace

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
France
(...) And the other being that you have to learn the code d'honneur:

View attachment 5343
By the way, for the anecdote, there's a common spelling error often seen in the Legion code of honor. Pronunciation will be the same (one of the difficulties of the French language), but Article 2 should read “Chaque légionnaire est ton frère d'armes, quelles que soient sa race, sa nationalité ou sa religion”. Plural is necessary, because the verb applies to three names (race, nationalité and religion).
Note to myself : send a mail to the General COMLE, to get this corrected... :D

Rapace

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
France
I can imagine a new recruit willing to play the smart-ass and telling the “cabo-chef” that there's a spelling mistake in the little Code of Honor leaflet distributed at the farm...
– What the f*ck are you telling me?
Oui caporal-chef, I'm positive, I read this on the Cervens board.
– The what ?!!

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
There's a word (heard it before on Questions for a Champion). What do you call the élève / student that corrects the prof ? Serious question, btw.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
OK but you ain't getting me Joe. And I don't blame you for that. If someone telling me same story as I do to you for ... how many? 2-3 years now. I would very suspicious too. As I said I don't blame you and I don't ask from you to believe me.
Maybe I will join maybe I never will...I don't know that my self.

And yes, I don't really care about my image here which would be drastically changed if I get accepted.
No worries mate. You just take it as you feel

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Joining the Legion to fight for France is pretty dumb as a foreigner. Does any foreigner join for that reason? Joining for an adventure, learning to be a soldier, personal security and the possibility of an EU passport seem to be the main reasons why men join.
have you ever been a soldier?

Most viewed threads of the week