a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New book

Peter Lyderik

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Denmark
View attachment 5502

An academic work, but with a lot of very interesting info about life in the Legion now. I have looked through the whole book at the Finnish armed forces central library, and I want to read it one day :)

Peter Lyderik

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Denmark
I agree, the title of the book is not very sexy, but I have now read the book (skipped all the boring academic parts), and it is very good and informative. It is about everyday life inside the regiments from joining to leaving, and staying regarding the long time serving nco's. It is not a handbook about how to join and what to expect, but it has a lot of up to date info, because the writer did her interviews with current legionnaires in 2012-13. Also, it is not about active service, combat in Afghanistan or somewhere in Africa, keep that in mind. The book cost way too much, so get it from a library, like I did :)

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom