a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New comer

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
South Africa
Greetings!

This is a great blog!
I am a 39 year old South African on my way to the French Foreign Legion. I plan on going a week before I turn 39 years and 5 months old. I have been preparing for the last year and still going at it. My BMI is still high so I hope to get that in order by the first week of May otherwise I miss my dream.

Hope to be in Aubagne in May.

Best regards,
Bushman

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
South Africa
I am sorry you feel that way. I can assure you I am not and can at least give my best then some.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Bushman,

Welcome to the forum if you are a genuine aspirant and if so you had better get your skates on !

Allez avec vitesse et je te souhaite bonne chance.

Chas- Ancien Beret Vert.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Greetings!

This is a great blog!
I am a 39 year old South African on my way to the French Foreign Legion. I plan on going a week before I turn 39 years and 5 months old. I have been preparing for the last year and still going at it. My BMI is still high so I hope to get that in order by the first week of May otherwise I miss my dream.

Best regards,
Bushman
I really like when guys make up despite old age, despite what everyone telling them. (partly because I'm in that category)
But a week before 39 years and 5 months old? What if you miss flight or something unexpected happens? :) If I am you I would go soon as I can. Same stands for me but I have some unpredicted, disabling circumstances

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
Greetings!

This is a great blog!

Best regards,
Bushman
As you probably know, your chances are very slim to be accepted.
Make sure you have a two way flight ticket.
If you make it, great, if not, then at least you have the means to go back home.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
South Africa
Bushman,

Welcome to the forum if you are a genuine aspirant and if so you had better get your skates on !

Allez avec vitesse et je te souhaite bonne chance.

Chas- Ancien Beret Vert.
If you make it, great, if not, then at least you have the means to go back home.
merci beaucoup pour la réponse encourageante

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
South Africa
I really like when guys make up despite old age, despite what everyone telling them. (partly because I'm in that category)
But a week before 39 years and 5 months old? What if you miss flight or something unexpected happens? :) If I am you I would go soon as I can. Same stands for me but I have some unpredicted, disabling circumstances
Thank you comrade dusaboss, I have factored that in to my appeal! Grateful for your reply all of the very best!

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
South Africa
Thank you Sir for your sound advice I really & truly appreciate it and with due diligence I will take it onboard. If I fail >> return ticket home >> If not > WOW! Really appreciate it. I have lived a life previously worse than most could ever imagine and when I stumbled upon the mighty honourable FFL I could not rest and now I attempt with my greatest attempt to make it as a FF Legionnaire.

Most viewed threads of the week