a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New FFL Books 2019

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Just came in the mail today. It's been posted before. How long do you think it will take me to read being that I don't know French yet? Haha I'm going to read it and look up every word if I have to....it's difficult for me to stay motivated to learn French but if the learning includes learning about the Legion, I think it will help me.IMG_20200914_174604498.jpg

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Learn french is a good start
Learn Légion History is a foot forward
Learn french foreign legion...
You only have to enlist
Down to you, dude

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
" Dimitri Amilakvari, un Prince combattant " dont la vie jalonne l'histoire de la Légion
Éditions Lemme Edit
200 pages for 21 €
Written by Jean Paul Huet
Source: Lignes de défense

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I'm not sur that someone who is doing a doctorate in language is suitable to judge a legionnaire on what is being taught (French language) in the legion and what is learned by the legionnaire.
Sure he can gather some info, but the only way to understand how a legionnaire manages to understand the orders transmitted by a Polak, where every second second word is Kurva, is by joining.

Pink Floyd

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
" Dimitri Amilakvari, un Prince combattant " dont la vie jalonne l'histoire de la Légion
Éditions Lemme Edit
200 pages for 21 €
Written by Jean Paul Huet
Source: Lignes de défense
Camp Amilakvari (Arta, Djibouti 1990) company tour.

Attachments

• 5878691F-6E3E-485A-9BD0-06C3ECB2CA91.jpeg
    5878691F-6E3E-485A-9BD0-06C3ECB2CA91.jpeg
    204.5 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
This has just appeared on amazon.
Am halfway through and it reads well.
1623598545331.png
Jeremy Summers, a British banker with a secret that could reveal MI6 intelligence sources involved in the war against drug-funded terrorism, has been seized at gunpoint, in broad daylight, on the streets of west London. An old contact, Raglan - an Englishman who served in the French Foreign Legion - is on his trail.

Raglan's pursuit will lead him to the winter-ravaged wasteland of a remote Russian penal colony. A place that holds Russia's most brutal murderers. A place of death and retribution. How will he get in? More importantly, how will he get out...alive?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Just came in the mail today. It's been posted before. How long do you think it will take me to read being that I don't know French yet? Haha I'm going to read it and look up every word if I have to....it's difficult for me to stay motivated to learn French but if the learning includes learning about the Legion, I think it will help me.View attachment 6473
effort brings its own rewards

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Jeremy Summers, a British banker with a secret that could reveal MI6 intelligence sources involved in the war against drug-funded terrorism, has been seized at gunpoint, in broad daylight, on the streets of west London. An old contact, Raglan - an Englishman who served in the French Foreign Legion - is on his trail.

Raglan's pursuit will lead him to the winter-ravaged wasteland of a remote Russian penal colony. A place that holds Russia's most brutal murderers. A place of death and retribution. How will he get in? More importantly, how will he get out...alive?
Sounds pretty stereotypical to me. Evil drug dealing terrorists, evil Russians and good Englishmen. :)