a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• WARNING

We have been alerted of inappropriate behaviours on the forum. We firmly condamn any form of agressivity, harassment, threats etc...
    Members will be banned if they don't follow the rules (see rules agreement during registration setup)

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Greetings everyone. I am a South African looking to join the legion in 2023. I have begun obtaining all the resources. I have joined the forum to get some of my questions answered and also help others who may have similar questions to myself. What I hope to get from this forum is a community which can help me and others obtain information needed as well as help others. Yes i have read the Miranda warning.

Thank you for accepting me in!

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Greetings everyone. I am a South African looking to join the legion in 2023. I have begun obtaining all the resources. I have joined the forum to get some of my questions answered and also help others who may have similar questions to myself. What I hope to get from this forum is a community which can help me and others obtain information needed as well as help others. Yes i have read the Miranda warning.

Thank you for accepting me in!
Hi, naturally this is my slant on things and my reply it might not be the same as others on the form, so take it that way! You state you want to ask questions to help others and yourself so let me help you and cut to the chase.

Are you healthy, reading what is on the form teeth, eyes, no real medical issues or scars from previously surgery? If Yes move on to next question.

Do you have any offences that would warrant a negative referral to Inter poll of your personal details for a crime that would stop you joining? If No move to next question.

Are you at a standard of fitness that can get you through the door as per basic fitness requirements min 7 chins etc, If Yes move on.

Are you motivated and committed to sighing a contract for 5 years and have a strong reason to join and give your next 5 years to the Legion? If Yes move on.

If yes to all 4 questions then not much else we can tell you apart from head to France and give it a go and good luck, I use the word luck as to be honest their is no guarantee for anyone as why some get excepted and others don’t.
Also don’t forget attitude be humble and stay under the radar!
Not much more advise I can give you a hell of a lot more than I had and many other greens😀
P.S. Had a very good SA buddy in the REP if your half the Man he was you will get on ok.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Nathanial,

Welcome and good luck. To follow on from Pap in 'Green' if you are as good as my oppo Erasmus Francois Jacobus RIP you will do fine.

Prior to meeting and serving with him I was in another unit proudly marching to Sarie Marais in the mid to late 1950s'.

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Hi, naturally this is my slant on things and my reply it might not be the same as others on the form, so take it that way! You state you want to ask questions to help others and yourself so let me help you and cut to the chase.

Are you healthy, reading what is on the form teeth, eyes, no real medical issues or scars from previously surgery? If Yes move on to next question.

Do you have any offences that would warrant a negative referral to Inter poll of your personal details for a crime that would stop you joining? If No move to next question.

Are you at a standard of fitness that can get you through the door as per basic fitness requirements min 7 chins etc, If Yes move on.

Are you motivated and committed to sighing a contract for 5 years and have a strong reason to join and give your next 5 years to the Legion? If Yes move on.

If yes to all 4 questions then not much else we can tell you apart from head to France and give it a go and good luck, I use the word luck as to be honest their is no guarantee for anyone as why some get excepted and others don’t.
Also don’t forget attitude be humble and stay under the radar!
Not much more advise I can give you a hell of a lot more than I had and many other greens😀
P.S. Had a very good SA buddy in the REP if your half the Man he was you will get on ok.
Thanks Papillon. Appreciate it