a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• WARNING

We have been alerted of inappropriate behaviours on the forum. We firmly condamn any form of agressivity, harassment, threats etc...
    Members will be banned if they don't follow the rules (see rules agreement during registration setup)

New member.

Reaction score
Home Country
Zimbabwe
George Z (on the right) went back to Canada. I stayed in touch with his sister for some time but George "had plans". Only f@ck knows what became of him eventually but we were good mates and had some wild times together. He was a real monster. No fear.

Andy (on the left) had his ankle shattered in 2REI and was pensioned off. He unwisely fell in love with a prostitute on his release after getting a night watchman job on a floating restaurant in the Vieux Port Marseille . Her pimp didn't like that. Andy's body was never found.

Onward and upward.
ag shame bra, sorry to hear that. Sounds like a pisser of a bloke hey. condolence china.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Yes it’s them! Arguably one of the best units the Italian Armed Forces have to offer together with the COMSUBIN (but they are Navy, not Army). They both are airborne combat engineering units, with the COMSUBIN being also combat divers.
The bataillon San Marco ?
Navy (infanterie de marine)

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
ag shame bra, sorry to hear that. Sounds like a pisser of a bloke hey. condolence china.
He was a drunken Scot - like most of them :) I've never worked in any country in the world where I haven't found a Scot sitting in the corner of a bar somewhere with red eye. He was a romantic and lived a great life - and what greater honour is there than to fall on love with a pute and get fed to the fish for that.
He had nothing to go back to anyway and died for his own honour. RIP

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Morning all that have engaged in this Topic, firstly my rants last night were not from a drunk on a key board as some will no I have been sober for best part of 30 odd more years, so Mr Le Stu apologies you did not engage in this site to get insulted from me so I sincerely APOLOGISE, let me defend myself and give you an explanation unfortunately due to my Dyslexia I loose the plot reading different pages your reference to 56 your age was now I understand in response to your times and finishes of events ( impressive times 🎩 off) I have done some vets stuff myself I consider the 40+ as some of the most competitive person’s entering events/races as normaly their is a good 20/30/ years of prior events and training as you will well no.
I have had some negative experiences with French guys but I should not tarnish you all with the same brush as I have also had the privilege to meet post Legion some good ones, post legion as I new I was wanted back home in the U.K. I lived in Toulon for a bit, unfortunately the Rugby team then was no where like it is today I worked the port bars for a bit, then unfortunately as normal had to hot foot it, unfortunately the story of my younger days so came back home to the U.K. to do my time and jail.
Over the last few months this site has been invaded by persons hell bent on discrediting us ( Greens) slagging us off openly in other parts of the internet or coming on her under the pretence to join the Legion but real motivation is to cause trouble, so long and winded as yes I saw your age 56 your younger than me but was happy to meet up call your bluff and have a square go gloves or bare, try and put my apology into context with myself and others being on alert for Troll’s.
But I will throw my 🎩 in the ring again this time to a person who goes via DCLXVI when you read this want to meet up in the evening next year on the 31st we can sort the details out let’s see what type of man you are as said I have worked the doors and associated with low life for years I can look at a man and tell by their eyes and other traits your not a fighting man I no that 100% you have the eyes of a coward the hands of a man that has done little or no manual physical work, if you take up my offer for fight suggest you opt for gloves buddy 12oz I suggest.
So Mr DCLXVI let’s find a gym or ring I will be over for a few days as first time not a bluff I have history but I have nothing to prove just sometimes a man needs to be called out, taken me a bit to convince my son as he naturally wanted to do it for his Dad! Traveler’s rules you pick which one if you want it bare no gloves sound I’m going to do everything so you have no reason to back out. I might have been a messed up legionnaire in my youth but NEVER once have I slagged or discredited the Legion or past or present Legionaries I’m disgusted in Your behaviour, just can’t work out why someone has not done you already from within as by god BITD for certain it would have been done. 2 failed attempts then like a poorly made washing machine at 16.50 on a Friday someone let you slither in.
Plenty of opportunity via other sites to accept my offer the ink means nothing the little lost sad eyes give it all away! Believe me others from the street will no cowards 👁
Now I understand what The Master blaster was referring. I have a (bad) habit of reading the latest posts last.
It is quite clear the DCLXVI obviously reads the forum too. It must be p$ssing him off no end that I banned him. Which brings me to Shirly, I'm now sure that he must have read that I gave her a weeks R & R to cool off and told her how to get a hold of The Boss.
I'm quite busy on a video project at the moment, btw The Master blaster has threatened me with hackers, but once I'm done I'll maybe compose a little letter to SM, COMLE and 1 REG. I'll put him on copy, and even post it on FB.
I did warn him not to f@ck with me when he started attacking my channel.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Am I just really not getting it, how can a serving Legionnaire put out so much negativity about the Legion and just be allowed to do it? Freedom of speech and as we no France has quite different views, I have not seen much of the original content but only read the negative stuff 3rd hand on this form, that said if your accusing persons of being cowards, drug dealing and other damming accusations I just don’t get it let alone a contract extension?
Am I wrong here? Please educate me!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I'm still in the middle of my video project, so my little rude awakening will have to wait. I'm hoping to get the video out by Wednesday, There is a quiz, which is taking up most of the time. Basically I'm giving people the answers to legion traditions and history, and then they take the quiz to see how much they have taken in. I'm also giving advice to those who are going to join.
The project turned out to be bigger than I expected..
I will surprise Tommy Kant though, because as you say Paps, it is a wonder how he is getting away with it.

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
Correct we but not I, did joint exercises with them, the USMC and the Cloggies. Now who are they:rolleyes: ?

The 1st Regiment “San Marco”, stationed in Venice Brindisi, is as LPC correctly pointed out, a naval infantry unit of the Italian Navy. It’s the modern descendent of the “Fanti da Mar” of the Republic of Venice founded around year 1550! Together with other 2 regiments forma the “Brigata Marina San Marco”. They also share their motto with the Royal Marines: “Per mare, per terram.”

Few years ago I worked as security in a hotel in Rome and one of my colleagues just left the San Marco. A top bloke!

They wear a foulard with the traditional colours of the Republic of Venice.

5BA0785F-E6DE-4F14-A398-3771D26AC196.jpeg

Last edited:

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Now I understand what The Master blaster was referring. I have a (bad) habit of reading the latest posts last.
It is quite clear the DCLXVI obviously reads the forum too. It must be p$ssing him off no end that I banned him. Which brings me to Shirly, I'm now sure that he must have read that I gave her a weeks R & R to cool off and told her how to get a hold of The Boss.
I'm quite busy on a video project at the moment, btw The Master blaster has threatened me with hackers, but once I'm done I'll maybe compose a little letter to SM, COMLE and 1 REG. I'll put him on copy, and even post it on FB.
I did warn him not to f@ck with me when he started attacking my channel.
Just do it Joe.
The guy's a c@nt. Endex.
Don't forget he also accuses his sups of being crackheads, incompetent and "a joke" in military terms etc. Not good publicity on a public forum.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
DCLXVI is simply trying to compensate for a massive inferiority complex.
He obviously has mental problems and I for one, wonder what he will do
when he completes his contract.
Chas with due all respect we live in a world where if you ain’t got Mental Health Problems you are the odd one! NHS is changing, the push and drive is to reach out to patients and support the ones with NO mental health problems as what’s wrong with them? Boris thought it might help waiting lists for political game!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Chas with due all respect we live in a world where if you ain’t got Mental Health Problems you are the odd one! NHS is changing, the push and drive is to reach out to patients and support the ones with NO mental health problems as what’s wrong with them? Boris thought it might help waiting lists for political game!
I must be bloody lucky. Albeit I do suffer from time to time with the 'Black Dog'. Fortunately a rare occurrence.