a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• WARNING

We have been alerted of inappropriate behaviours on the forum. We firmly condamn any form of agressivity, harassment, threats etc...
    Members will be banned if they don't follow the rules (see rules agreement during registration setup)

New Member!

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Bonjour Tonyus,

Yes, indeed! Sometimes we can kind of understand what is being said because of the languages' roots (?)

As an example, using the "Code d'honneur du légionnaire"

1 - Légionnaire, tu es un volontaire servant la France avec honneur et fidélité

In Portuguese it would be:

1 - Legionário, você é um voluntário que serve a França com honra e fidelidade

Some Brazillian could even argue I could trade "Você é" for "Tu é" which is much closer to French. But "Você é" is more commonly used through out Brazil.

Thank you for you reply. I will definitely practice French.
I have the upmost admiration for people that can just pick up other languages.

Reaction score
Home Country
Brazil
You'll laugh at how "whispers" is said in french... The two (gorgeous) Brazilian women that were in a class with me were all giddy and getting red in the face when we learned that...
Bonne courage !
I really don't get it but maybe one day! Thank you! haha

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I have the upmost admiration for people that can just pick up other languages.
LPC sent me a sample bottle of "Flaire du Legionnaire" he's flogging in Nimes souk for my birthday Pap.
It's got a Pierre Cardin label on it but I'm not convinced.
Stinks of rotten fish, but says it's a good antiseptic for removing hooks and carp barbs. You know - that sort of thing...
If you need a drop just let me know.
I'm in the mood for love...

Reaction score
Home Country
Brazil
Whispers = chuchote.
Type "chuchote" in Google translate and click on listen... Better wear headphones if you're not alone.
Hahaha, It translated for me as "Murmure" but I get it now!

I hope you talked to those girls, you have to have it on your mind to catch it so fast.

Now that's a word I won't forget :p

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
LPC sent me a sample bottle of "Flaire du Legionnaire" he's flogging in Nimes souk for my birthday Pap.
Stinks of rotten fish, but says it's a good antiseptic for removing hooks and carp barbs. You know - that sort of thing...

I was indeed under the impression that LPC likes his drinks strong af!

Kronenberg I think I never asked you, which regiments did you serve? So far I know about those of you that in the 2 REI, Repmans and 3 REI. And about Voltigeur in the 1 REC. Has any of you guys ever served together?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
Motivation to Join: I will stay true to my word and follow Gregori's advice, so no transcendental stuff like honor and a higher call. Although I feel like they play a huge role on all of this...

Haha mate feel free to go symbolic if needs be, just avoid mentioning orthodox christian paraphernalia if you happen to be into that, if you fish in older posts you might find out why!

More "down to earth" reasons, not in any particular order, are:

1. I think a life in Europe will be a better life than here in Brazil, for obvious reasons. And I see serving in the Legion as a proper way of achieve citizenship.

2. I have nothing here in Brazil. What is left of my close family members are moving away, I'm not married, I don't have kids. I lost my job in August. I didn't pass on the exam for a police job I was studying for. I feel like there is not gonna be another time like this in my life where I'm so completely out of any attachments. Perfect timing for a new beginning. Don't get me wrong, this decision is not fueled by emotion. I always wanted to be a soldier, I just thought that the ship had sailed for me.

3. As I mentioned, I always wanted the experience the military life. My father was in the military, my grandfather was in the military. Feels right. Not being accepted way back always kept me thinking "what if?". I could never shake it off.

4. I worked abroad in two separate occasions and I hiked for 2 days alone with little supplies through a place I didn't know very well. Aside from this, I never really risked much in life, never adventured much, I never "tested my mettle(?)". My youth is already going away. I think the Legion is the place where I will find such an adventure.

I think that's what I can think of right now...but I will be glad to answer more questions.

They seem pretty solid reasons to me for wanting to experience some adventure. Do you see yourself staying longer than the initial 5 years? Or you haven't thought much about it?

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
I was indeed under the impression that LPC likes his drinks strong af!

Kronenberg I think I never asked you, which regiments did you serve? So far I know about those of you that in the 2 REI, Repmans and 3 REI. And about Voltigeur in the 1 REC. Has any of you guys ever served together?
No and thanks fuque...fkn Origina brigade !

Reaction score
Home Country
Zimbabwe
Bonjour,

First of all, thank you for accepting me into the forum.

I do intend to join the Legion and I confirm that I have read the forum's Miranda's warning. Altought I feel like I have nothing to hide, I will be mindful of what I say here in the forums.

I have joined because I wanted to learn more about the Legion and read people's experiences. I don't know what I can contribute as of right now but maybe one day. I'm preparing myself to join next year and I'm trying to gather as much information as I can.

As many others, the Legion for me is the last chance to fulfill an almost forgotten call, the call to be a soldier and the honor to serve in the legendary Legion. I don't want to butcher my chances by getting there unprepared.

I hope I can meet some of you next year in the Legion, even if we don't know it.
Welcome Rene and good luck here and in the Legion. Most welcome.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Never really been one for substitutes or fakes, like the real thing sometimes I just like to play with a street vender if I’m bored, but nice of you to have my back you’ll both be smelling well for Camarone!

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Never really been one for substitutes or fakes, like the real thing sometimes I just like to play with a street vender if I’m bored, but nice of you to have my back you’ll both be smelling well for Camarone!
Always got your back Paps. No problem.

Those hooks can leave a nasty infection as I found out with The Holy One. Seems like I owe you 20 quid and a packet of Troupes after all.

LPC's patented "Flaire du Legionnaire"® avoids needing to dig in deep with an Opinel. One squirt and it's gone. Magic stuff.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
Brazil
Maybe don't say it at the CCh during the first interview hehehe
Don't give me any ideias :p

Haha mate feel free to go symbolic if needs be, just avoid mentioning orthodox christian paraphernalia if you happen to be into that, if you fish in older posts you might find out why!

They seem pretty solid reasons to me for wanting to experience some adventure. Do you see yourself staying longer than the initial 5 years? Or you haven't thought much about it?

I will try to find what happened, you made me curious...

I didn't think much ahead. I will uphold my contract whatever happens, after that If i'm enjoying my time and if the Legion needs me I'd be glad to stay. I don't want to be greedy...for now I will be thankful for a chance to be 2nd class legionnaire haha

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Rene.Dupont,

Bien venue to the forum. Read, mark, learn and inwardly digest all posts from those in Green.
Enjoy the forum to the full.
Je te souhaite 'bonne chance'.

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom

Here you go Pap - just in case.

You never know...

Flair du Legionnaire copy.png

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I am curious, how would you describe scent and after smell of this Kron? It's one of those bottles that begs for attention LoL
F@cking right it begs for attention FdG. I had some epaulettes once make out of "sacred red pubes" (so difficult to find these days) but thought I'd go with the traditional look.

As I said in an earlier post - it's LPCs patented recipe. In my view it smells like rotting fish (but could be basement juice from those decomposing cadavers of course).

In any event - it defo works - and that's all that counts :)

Last edited: