a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - New changes (on my part, at least)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Hello everyone ! thank you for the add
Hi shirly, why not post a bit about yourself in the Welcome ! introduce yourself. I realize that you're not going to join any time in in the future, however we'd all like to hear from you?
What's your French like, I only ask because I'm looking for a Mod for my new facebook page. As always there isn't too much enthusiasm for anything new on here.
Of course I understand that with your line of work you won't have much time on your hands.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
let's hear for :

Lucas J

You might want to alter your "about you" before you post anymore.

For all, try and remember that this is an open forum. If you put your mug on here, and say anything that you will regret later, that is just what will happen you will regret it.
And heaven forbid, if you put your name on next to it.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
England
Hi shirly, why not post a bit about yourself in the Welcome ! introduce yourself. I realize that you're not going to join any time in in the future, however we'd all like to hear from you?
What's your French like, I only ask because I'm looking for a Mod for my new facebook page. As always there isn't too much enthusiasm for anything new on here.
Of course I understand that with your line of work you won't have much time on your hands.
I will do that i am just very busy at the moment. work & Family. also it´s not made easy with the corona situation.
best wishes Shirly xx

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
I will do that i am just very busy at the moment. work & Family. also it´s not made easy with the corona situation.
best wishes Shirly xx
Shirly,
Welcome to the forum and enjoy it.
You may even have to read the odd boring post from me. ;)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Ok, let's give warm welcome to:

Njabulo

You may want to be careful of stating your reasons why you want to join on an open forum.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
3 New guys to give a warm welcome to:

Madanthapa

who has graced us with his presence all the way from Nepal (although that will probably be the only time that we'll hear anything about him :ROFLMAO:. I mean what is it with you guys from Nepal? Apart from Himalayan, we never hear from them. Could this be a forum that they join in order to communicate amont themselves by PM? Dusa who is the forum's complot expert, any opinions?

& then there's

Legios

who is from Turkey.

&

Dwuane Hare

Who is from the US. Please tell me that that is not your name.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia

Madanthapa

who has graced us with his presence all the way from Nepal (although that will probably be the only time that we'll hear anything about him :ROFLMAO:. I mean what is it with you guys from Nepal? Apart from Himalayan, we never hear from them. Could this be a forum that they join in order to communicate amont themselves by PM? Dusa who is the forum's complot expert, any opinions?
It says Madanthapa is from Croatia??? but it's Nepalese name...

As for Shy Nepalis ... I don't know maybe is something in their culture.
I think that have to do something with language barrier, but isn't totally understandable because google translate doing pretty decent job today. So its easy for anyone to communicate through it. At least if you translating to and from English.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
It says Madanthapa is from Croatia??? but it's Nepalese name...

As for Shy Nepalis ... I don't know maybe is something in their culture.
I think that have to do something with language barrier, but isn't totally understandable because google translate doing pretty decent job today. So its easy for anyone to communicate through it. At least if you translating to and from English.
If they cannot communicate in English which is their country's second language then they're going to know their @rses from their elbows when they get to Castel and have to in French, no google translate available.
Castel isn't too bad, because there is a degree of tolerance towards the language barrier, however once they get to their regiments they will be expected to understand the next day's orders. The Sgt's and even the Cpls will quickly get p$ssed off with them when they have to get someone to translate each time.

Everyone talks about the number of US or Brits who get refused because they have too much to go back to. I wonder how many Asians, who have nothing to go back to get refused because they are considered "brain dead".
That is a legion description of someone who has very little personality, a follower, someone who will do his time, get a cushy job in the stores or be a waiter in the mess.

In todays legion, you are expected to rise to the rank of Cpl in 3 years. I believe that that is one of the criteria that they are looking in Aubagne.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
If they cannot communicate in English which is their country's second language then they're going to know their @rses from their elbows when they get to Castel and have to in French, no google translate available.
Castel isn't too bad, because there is a degree of tolerance towards the language barrier, however once they get to their regiments they will be expected to understand the next day's orders. The Sgt's and even the Cpls will quickly get p$ssed off with them when they have to get someone to translate each time.
Didn't know that Nepalese speak English. I guess than there is some other reason why they won't to hang out with us here...
Maybe someone from Nepal can tell us more about this?

Most viewed threads of the week