a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - New changes (on my part, at least)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Everyone talks about the number of US or Brits who get refused because they have too much to go back to. I wonder how many Asians, who have nothing to go back to get refused because they are considered "brain dead".
That is a legion description of someone who has very little personality, a follower, someone who will do his time, get a cushy job in the stores or be a waiter in the mess.
Yeah! Leave poor Anglo mafia alone! What about all others? :)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
OK,

Roshan Tamang

Has joined the forum after being refused a first time for not putting anything down in the 'about you' section.

Normally I would warn him about posting anything under his true name, however he's from Nepal.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Let's give a warm to the forum to:

Josiro

who is from Kenya.

I hope that it is just to have a chat that you've joined the forum, because if it's to join the legion, you can forget it. Let me remind everyone that this is an open forum and that we know that the "gestapo" do take an interest in it.
I won't delete any posts.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
So, let's give a big warm welcome to:

testkek

from the Philippines

OneQuestion

who has created a cervens account, from Egypt, to ask one (1) question. I don't know about you lot, but I'm dying to hear it.

Marcus84

From Canada.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
OK, here is yet one more, how has tried again after being refused a first time for not telling us anything about himself, so let's give a warm welcome to:

Dominion

From Nigeria.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
1 out of 5 made it through today. I'm still getting these "about you" ask me, or nice girl. I no longer ban them as the sickie just creates new adresses along with new pseudonyms, instead for their reason for rejection, I just put ask me. There are some exceptions such as the ZA : Saffa medic and a yank, who I explain why they have not been accepted, and advise them to re-apply, by telling a little about themselves.
Here is the 1 in 5:

Gordon

from Kenya, so let's give him a warm welcome.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
4 new guys, who all had to change their handles because they were originally refused for not telling us anything about themselves. So my idea seems to be working, I'm going to extend it to those who put down quite simply "I want to be French legion"

so let's give warm welcome to the following :

Lonapak

from Romania

Caprii

From Poland

Trident

From Blighty

Dylan Monk

From the UK, Dylan if that is your real name, remember that I won't delete any threads and that I can't delete someone's account.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
4 new guys, who all had to change their handles because they were originally refused for not telling us anything about themselves. So my idea seems to be working, I'm going to extend it to those who put down quite simply "I want to be French legion"

so let's give warm welcome to the following :

Lonapak

from Romania

Caprii

From Poland

Trident

From Blighty

Dylan Monk

From the UK, Dylan if that is your real name, remember that I won't delete any threads and that I can't delete someone's account.
Hi Joseph registered before Christmas but their seemed to be some technical issues. You may recall that I am working on a novel about a pair of brothers one a Royal Marine another a Legionnaire am looking to be as accurate as possible regarding legion references so will have questions regarding vocabulary. If anyone is interested in having a look at a draft copy and offering a critique will be happy to discuss.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Joseph registered before Christmas but their seemed to be some technical issues. You may recall that I am working on a novel about a pair of brothers one a Royal Marine another a Legionnaire am looking to be as accurate as possible regarding legion references so will have questions regarding vocabulary. If anyone is interested in having a look at a draft copy and offering a critique will be happy to discuss.
I would be very interested in having a look.
I'd actually written a book, which never saw the light of day, not for lack of trying on my part, about a couple of ex-bootnecks trying to join the legion. Having done the All Arms Commando Course and being an ancien legionnaire, I put my whole heart into it. :cry:. Alas to avail.
No point in crying over unpublished books. ;)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Trident, I just thought of something. I'm hoping to bring out in roughly 10 days times a video for my YouTube channel about the orders that you will hear during your stay in Aubagne. I'm not just talking about "attention !" and "stand at ease".
What I'm talking about is what you will hear the when the caporal de semaine blows his whistle, that way instead of just running downstairs with the rest of them, you will know what is being said.

Why will it take 10 days, because I'm currently working on another video. Here is a sample which is far from being finished.
1618457297778.png
The idea is that I will cover each of the subjects one by one in detail. I know that there are spelling mistakes and that there are two with the same box. As I have said, it's far from being finished. I'm hoping to get this out on Sunday.
My YouTube channel is called :
French 4 foreign legionnaires (without the accent)

1618457900466.png

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hi Trident, I just thought of something. I'm hoping to bring out in roughly 10 days times a video for my YouTube channel about the orders that you will hear during your stay in Aubagne. I'm not just talking about "attention !" and "stand at ease".
What I'm talking about is what you will hear the when the caporal de semaine blows his whistle, that way instead of just running downstairs with the rest of them, you will know what is being said.

Why will it take 10 days, because I'm currently working on another video. Here is a sample which is far from being finished.
View attachment 6899
The idea is that I will cover each of the subjects one by one in detail. I know that there are spelling mistakes and that there are two with the same box. As I have said, it's far from being finished. I'm hoping to get this out on Sunday.
My YouTube channel is called :
French 4 foreign legionnaires (without the accent)

View attachment 6900
OK thanks for the heads up will have a squint at it.

If you PM me with an email i will provide some of the initial draft for you to have a look at

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Trident and Joe,

There are plenty of private publishing houses that will look at drafts for free offering accessible advice.

I am currently in the process concerning my life prior and post WW2, adoption, education RM , Colonial Police and Queen's HSF service. Then my jungle clearance contract in Assam for 4 years and more in export and security. Plenty of photos. Warts and all.:unsure:

So to quote Lord Wellington from a different situation " Publish and be damned." Carpe Diem / Go for it. Or even employ a Ghost Writer.(y)

Most viewed threads of the week