a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - New changes (on my part, at least)

Reaction score
Home Country
England
OK. so all those who want to know what the CME is like, now is the time to ask Jonnie.
Jonnie, might I ask you to start a thread in your own name?
It's just that there isn't much 'traffic' on this particular thread.
I only went through Quartier Capitan Danjou the once, it was during my CAT4 concurs, there were 181 Cchs from all over France, including 24 from Calvi, all battling for 80 places.
No worries I'll get onto that. On a company exercise you at the moment but when I get back I'll open it up.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Welcome to the forum Manry311. Enjoy it. Also great to see another of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. I had the honour to serve many years ago with the USMC as security detail for as he was then Brig Gen (The Brute) Krulak He retired as a Lt. Gen and his son became Commandant.. Semper Fidelis/ Per Mare per Terram.
Semper Fidelis!

Attachments

• DB83FB14-8F4C-47E2-AA22-DCE809CFC977.jpeg
    DB83FB14-8F4C-47E2-AA22-DCE809CFC977.jpeg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Semper Fidelis!
Manry ! I was only thinking about, yesterday. I saw that you had joined on the 14th and then had a 'flurry' of posts on the 15th and then nothing. I was a bit worried that I may have upset you.
I can see that that isn't the case, It's good to see you again.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Let's give a warm welcome to:

Tomdufficy

Tom, are you sure that you want to come on an open forum using your own name?

nothing better to do cropped.png WTF is your problem, Joe ? you're using your own name, aren't you?

Well yes I am Grumpy Cch, except that I'm not hoping to join the legion anytime soon. And I won't delete any posts.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Let's hear it for :

Adamuk

Milán_

Thanks for accepting me I'm Adam from the uk just trying to find out more information about joining FFL im England my uncle was a major British army I've always wanted to join the army but I got in trouble with police when I started the process off signing up when I was 16 now I can't join the British army so I've been looking into the FFL for some time and I've decided to give a go see if I can get in I've spent most of my day sat on my phone reading through the threads I've seen that you can't join with metal in your body is this still the same and the piece of metal I have is tiny think they said 3 centurmeter and it's in my jaw could I get away with not telling them ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Alright ! Let's give a warm welcome to :

Duncan

&

Pratik silwal

Thank you Joseph. Hi everyone, I am from South Africa, waiting for the first flight out. Been preparing to join since I was in grade 8, was supposed to fly when lockdown kicked me in the teeth. Disappointed, but started working and using this time to learn some French and stay fit. If anyone gets any updates on how to get outa here I am all ears... Even thought about surfing there ;)
Alright ! Let's give a warm welcome to :

Duncan

&

Pratik silwal

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Surfing there, eh. We've had a fighter jet pilote who landed his plane, so I suppose surfing would be a novelty :)
Been preparing to join since I was in grade 8,
I think that you had better reshape your story, I checked to see how old 8th grade was in ZA. It starts at 13, your French had better be spot on, as that is t least 5 years that you should have been studying the lingo.

For example do you know the names of all the body parts?

It just so happens that my next video, Chef, jai mal will be going covering them ;). Hopefully it's premiere will bethis Sunday.

Along with a at least one quiz on google classrooms.

qrcode_classroom.google.com.png It's all for free.

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Bonjour ;)
Sure would have been awesome to surf there lol!

No need to reshape my story, I know how long it's been...
my dream of joining started then, wish I did start learning the language then, but;
never to late to start.
Thank you for the video!
PS: How do I change my avatar please?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Bonjour ;)
Sure would have been awesome to surf there lol!

No need to reshape my story, I know how long it's been...
my dream of joining started then, wish I did start learning the language then, but;
never to late to start.
Thank you for the video!
PS: How do I change my avatar please?
First of all where did the avatar come from?
The only way that I can think of is that you send me a photo of what you want and I'll try and change it, I know that I can edit avatars, Shall we give it a go?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Duncan, there's no point in sending me the photo, I can only delete them. You should ask Jwaltos how he did it.

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Surfing there, eh. We've had a fighter jet pilote who landed his plane, so I suppose surfing would be a novelty :)

I think that you had better reshape your story, I checked to see how old 8th grade was in ZA. It starts at 13, your French had better be spot on, as that is t least 5 years that you should have been studying the lingo.

For example do you know the names of all the body parts?

It just so happens that my next video, Chef, jai mal will be going covering them ;). Hopefully it's premiere will bethis Sunday.

Along with a at least one quiz on google classrooms.

View attachment 6800 It's all for free.

First of all where did the avatar come from?
The only way that I can think of is that you send me a photo of what you want and I'll try and change it, I know that I can edit avatars, Shall we give it a go?
The avatar is my email email logo.
Thanks a million, will contact Jwaltos.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
The avatar is my email email logo.
Thanks a million, will contact Jwaltos.
So if anyone wants their avatar to appear on the forum, just make sure that when you apply, it is on your email, the time that you apply, and then you can delete (from your email).

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi all, let's give a warm welcome to :

Johnny sinjali

as for

repmann

unfortunately giving the dates that you served, is no longer sufficient. I'd like a copy of your cert. de bonne conduite, a photo of you in tenue + anything else that can convince that you are who you claim that you are. No-one, least of all me, is calling you a lier. It's just that we've had a couple of fake's on here who had us all fooled for too long. Please check out Loustic and Martin Scott.

Chandra Subba Gurung

You sent me what looks like a CV, stating everything that you've done except your service in the legion, but you have ticked off the box Actual or Former FFL.

Neither of these two are banned, I'm just waiting on some clarification.

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Hi Duncan, there's no point in sending me the photo, I can only delete them. You should ask Jwaltos how he did

Hi all, let's give a warm welcome to :

Johnny sinjali

as for

repmann

unfortunately giving the dates that you served, is no longer sufficient. I'd like a copy of your cert. de bonne conduite, a photo of you in tenue + anything else that can convince that you are who you claim that you are. No-one, least of all me, is calling you a lier. It's just that we've had a couple of fake's on here who had us all fooled for too long. Please check out Loustic and Martin Scott.

Chandra Subba Gurung

You sent me what looks like a CV, stating everything that you've done except your service in the legion, but you have ticked off the box Actual or Former FFL.

Neither of these two are banned, I'm just waiting on some clarification.
Welcome Johnny!