a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - New changes (on my part, at least)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
let's give another warm welcome to

PJSALO

From Danemark

This is an open forum. You do not have to say anything personnel about yourself. However, if you should give your true name and any personnel details such as medical, psychological or criminal problems, this may jeopardize you chances when you try to join.

I will not delete any threads or posts.

PJSALO​

You have one week in which to post something

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Let's give a warm welcome to

Bill Murray

From the UK

There is no point in my giving him the Miranda warning

Bill​

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Let's give a warm welcome to:

Atul55

from India

This is an open forum. You do not have to say anything personnel about yourself. However, if you should give your true name and any personnel details such as medical, psychological or criminal problems, this may jeopardize your chances when you try to join.

Atul
Bye bye Atul

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
A warm welcome to:

AidanSA

From ZA,

This is an open forum. You do not have to say anything personnel about yourself. However, if you should give your true name and any personnel details such as medical, psychological or criminal problems, this may jeopardize you chances when you try to join.

Aidan, you are the reason why I created the Miranda Warning.

On that subject it's Bye bye BlackFlag13

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

Achzarit pikud

I don't think he will last more than a week, but we'll see.

Achzarit​

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
let's give a warm welcome to :

Tika33

From the US of A

Tika

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I am amazed at the number of people who try to join without actually checking out the forum.
I mean today I refused someone who who filled in his application with his name and then under occupation put N/A and that was it :eek::oops:.
I'm sure that when he next checks he will be wondering why he was refused.

On the subject of checking out the forum:

@AidanSA

@Achzarit pikud

You two might like to check out what is written in green lime below your names.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Good morning Anciens and other forum members,

My name (or nom de guerre) is Tika. I hail from USA. I have lurked the forums for about a year now.
I just wanted to say thank you to all the active members on this forum. I have learned quite a bit just from reading the threads and comments. There is a lot of valuable information on here and I am grateful that you all share your experiences with hopefuls like myself.
I would also like to thank you for accepting me into this forum. I feel that the majority of questions that an inspiring legionnaire could fathom have already been discussed in depth on here, and with that I have no need to spam the forum with questions. I wanted to create the account in the event where I could contribute when warranted, or in the rare occasion, ask something that I cannot find elsewhere.
With that, I again thank you for accepting me into the forum! Merci Beaucoup.

Adieu,
Tika33

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I am amazed at the number of people who try to join without actually checking out the forum.
I mean today I refused someone who who filled in his application with his name and then under occupation put N/A and that was it :eek::oops:.
I'm sure that when he next checks he will be wondering why he was refused.

On the subject of checking out the forum:

@AidanSA

@Achzarit pikud

You two might like to check out what is written in green lime below your names.
Maybe would be smart to include your warning on registration page. But that would require webmasters work.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Good morning Anciens and other forum members,

My name (or nom de guerre) is Tika. I hail from USA. I have lurked the forums for about a year now.
I just wanted to say thank you to all the active members on this forum. I have learned quite a bit just from reading the threads and comments. There is a lot of valuable information on here and I am grateful that you all share your experiences with hopefuls like myself.
I would also like to thank you for accepting me into this forum. I feel that the majority of questions that an inspiring legionnaire could fathom have already been discussed in depth on here, and with that I have no need to spam the forum with questions. I wanted to create the account in the event where I could contribute when warranted, or in the rare occasion, ask something that I cannot find elsewhere.
With that, I again thank you for accepting me into the forum! Merci Beaucoup.

Adieu,
Tika33
Hi Tika 33 and, again, welcome to the forum.
I hope that it isn't adieu. because that is a goodbye for good.
You should try out my channel ;).

Talking about my channel, I'm working on something that will come in useful for all those who are going to join, especially for the futur corporals. It's the combat gestures and orders. Tomorrow or the day after... take notes.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hi Tika 33 and, again, welcome to the forum.
I hope that it isn't adieu. because that is a goodbye for good.
You should try out my channel ;).

Talking about my channel, I'm working on something that will come in useful for all those who are going to join, especially for the futur corporals. It's the combat gestures and orders. Tomorrow or the day after... take notes.

Yes my French is still a work in progress 😆
Actually, I’ve already seen your channel and subscribed. I look forward to future videos 👍🏻 Definitely some good information on there.
If there’s any other prospects on here reading, I would also recommend subscribing to Mr. Cosgrove’s channel. It’s a great resource.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

DocBastogne

From the US

This is an open forum. You do not have to say anything personnel about yourself. However, if you should give your true name and any personnel details such as medical, psychological or criminal problems, this may jeopardize your chances when you try to join.

Doc,

Otherwise you will suffer the same consequences as :

@AidanSA (who was on here only yesterday :rolleyes: :oops::))
@Achzarit pikud (who, if you remember, I said that I'd give him a week :)).

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

Engineer00*

from the USA

Engineer00*

Some of you may wonder why I continue to post the messages in the various colors. I mean if the people haven't worked it out by now, then they never will ! Unfortunately that is not the case. Take DocBastogne for example, he has until Friday in order to post something.
And the number of people that I turn away who say that they are current or ancien legionnaires who give their occupation as a student in Nepal, or those that fill in the form N/A.
I'm not sure if this is their first time on social media, but it just doesn't go down here.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Let us all give a warm welcome to:

Madankumarrai

from India

Madankumarrai

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
First of all let's give a warm welcome to:

john mweu charles

From Nairobi

and at the same time say bye bye DocBastogne, It's funny because I watched band of brothers last night and the episode was called Bastogne.

but let's get back to the newcomer, John, the reason why I have created the forum's Miranda warning.

John

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Alright, let's give a big hand to:

alan ash

who is from th UK.
Alan is one of 5 people who applied, out of those rejected are a guy from Germany, who saw fit to only put down his occupation, a plomber (? if I remember correctly) there was also an Indian who put down as occupation Born to die, a Brazilian who only gave his handle a guy from Columbia who only gave his handle which was something akin to 'recruit' and as the about you put 'I'm going to be a recruit.'
nothing better to do cropped.pngWTF who are these people have they just crawled out of an icebox or what. They've never joined a social media platform before?
I don't know it does seem unusual that this particular thread is always on the front page, no need to go and search for it. It has gotten over 5 thousand views since Dec 2000, all except for those 4 people.
Alright back to business :

Alan

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Alright, let's give a big hand to:

alan ash

who is from th UK.
Alan is one of 5 people who applied, out of those rejected are a guy from Germany, who saw fit to only put down his occupation, a plomber (? if I remember correctly) there was also an Indian who put down as occupation Born to die, a Brazilian who only gave his handle a guy from Columbia who only gave his handle which was something akin to 'recruit' and as the about you put 'I'm going to be a recruit.'
View attachment 6957WTF who are these people have they just crawled out of an icebox or what. They've never joined a social media platform before?
I don't know it does seem unusual that this particular thread is always on the front page, no need to go and search for it. It has gotten over 5 thousand views since Dec 2000, all except for those 4 people.
Alright back to business :

Alan

Hi Joseph I can only imagine your frustration when dealing with those who don't grasp the concept of a forum. Its been a while but aren't we told in the confirmation email that we are required to be active or at least show some kind of reciprocal activity.
May I offer a solution. Make a condition of joining a financial commitment a nominal sum maybe one euro.
this would prove the joiners authentication and this could be done without compromising anonymity if required. Then if they don't get involved you have at least had some contribution to the running costs of the site.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Joseph I can only imagine your frustration when dealing with those who don't grasp the concept of a forum. Its been a while but aren't we told in the confirmation email that we are required to be active or at least show some kind of reciprocal activity.
May I offer a solution. Make a condition of joining a financial commitment a nominal sum maybe one euro.
this would prove the joiners authentication and this could be done without compromising anonymity if required. Then if they don't get involved you have at least had some contribution to the running costs of the site.
That is a very good idea. I will put it to the boss, who is busy at the moment. I am benevolent on here and have nothing to do with the running of the site, but you are quite correct, it is quite frustrating.

Saying that I have my YouTube site if anyone is interested...

There are still a few places left if anyone would like to subscribe, free.