Nick is Korea Bound...

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Best answers
Home Country
San Marino
Hey Guys,

Just to let you all know I am going overseas for a 12 month contract .

So I might be out of touch for a bit, I keep running out of room on the boards Private Message box So please just write me at my email.

Take care guys, thanks to the Anciens who have helped me out, you know who you are and good luck to all you wannabes, please just go, take the risk and set a date...and GO. Give it your best. You will never regret going. Wish you all the best.
Nick

Last edited:
M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Best of luck with the job nick. As I said be aware of dusky maidens in a foreign land.

flash010

Top Member
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Scotland
remember its only two dolla s...y f...y two dolla she love you long time lol take care and dont go near the infected poontang :eek: ;)

deathings

Reaction score
Best answers
flash010 said:
remember its only two dolla s...y f...y two dolla she love you long time lol take care and dont go near the infected poontang :eek: ;)
Thats vietnam south korea where nick is headed is a first rate country like west germany or japan the whores will cost more

OP
Nickfury

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
San Marino
hahahahahahahaa
Now that is FUNNY Flash! :)

:)
The countdown begins...

I want everyone to take note that my friend Warthog is heading off to the legion. Everyone wish him luck, wish him the best.
That is a good man heading over. Old guy mafia... :)
Nick

joette ✞

In Memoriam....Retired and missed Mod ...
Former Moderator
RIP ✞
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
So anyone heard from Nick..how he's doing in Korea?

joette ✞

Former Moderator
RIP ✞
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Coinnach said:
Jesus, inflation is a bitch!
My God! Shame..shame..

Cpl K

Legionnaire
Former Moderator
Reaction score
Best answers
joette said:
So anyone heard from Nick..how he's doing in Korea?
He's doing OK, I will ask him if I can send you a copy of the emails explaing all about his new adventure.

Cpl K...........

joette ✞

Former Moderator
RIP ✞
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
EX LEGIONNAIRE said:
He's doing OK, I will ask him if I can send you a copy of the emails explaing all about his new adventure.

Cpl K...........
Thanks..:)

OP
Nickfury

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
San Marino
I will post photos eventually...
Cpl K, feel free to share any emails, I think I only sent you one update so far?

I will try to post more...Korea is definitly a new experience. People here are pretty friendly but the language is a challenge. Girls...well what can I say... :)
Expat community is mostly Canadians, Irish and New Zealanders, just a few of us Americans. The huge foreigner district in Seoul is crazy, you are used to never seeing westerners, you go there and it is almost all westerners, Tons of US Army and there are immigrants from Africa and the middle east as well as a lot of us teachers.
Seoul is F**KING HUGE....I think with suburbs it is well over 20 million...blows my mind as I am from a city of barely 1 million counting all the suburbs. Seoul makes Paris look small...
Ok I am still in the office, it is 8pm...had a talk with my director over some classes that are really bad. I made the mistake of being too nice with the kids to start and now some wont listen. In korean public schools they often hit the kids, so the problem is if you are really nice, some of the students take it is a sign to just do whatever they want, they know we foreign teachers are not allowed to punish them or hit them.

Ok, Good news, our school Director is taking me and another new teacher out for dinner!! Last time he took us out the night ended very late at a "Noribang" which is the same as a Karaoke...I was singing a bad version of "My Way" and "Always on my mind"...haha.
Word of warning. the local drink is called "Soju"...comes in little green bottles, and tastes like Rubbing alcohol. And that is being nice to the Rubbing Alcohol.
The food however is great and very affordable, you can eat very well here and not drop a lot of money, so many places where you cook BBQ right at the table and lucky I love Kim Chee (spicky pickled cabbage or various other vegetables).
I have been here one month today, been sick almost the entire time....FINALLY almost over being sick, been hard since the only pasttimes here seem to be going out and drinking and partying. Had to force myself to take it easy. Need to get my training back on track as I am still hopeful of making a 2nd try for the Legion after Korea.
Gotta run
Take care my Friends...
Nick